1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

very odd size

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by taxipop, Jun 29, 2007.

1. taxipop

taxipop New Member

got a frozen whitetail into the shop, hung it to thaw then did my measurements with calipers and tape measurer as usual. It's not an old deer at 3 years I guess. The face is very long for a New Jersey deer at 8-1/4" x 17" neck. Been measuring the same way for 16 years and am resonably secure in my ability at measuring. No doubt I will probably have to alter the face length as it will be the easiest way to alter. Does anyone know of a supplier that might sell a long faced form with a small neck? Also it is a December kill with medium length hair. I've done Canadian deer with 8" face but the necks are proportioned large as well. Thanks for any input.

2. the only way is to change out the head. I get deer here with 6 1/2 eye to nose and 28 inch neck...the only way is to change the head and mold it to fit. It sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Sounds like Darrell been measuring his head again

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Buy the manikin you want with a 17" neck and alter the muzzle length. That's an easy fix.