1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mears Off-Set Sweep Question

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by KYWoodsman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. KYWoodsman

KYWoodsman New Member

I am trying to pick a form where the deer's head is basically at a 90 degree angle (without going with a dreaded straight pose) relative to the wall when displayed. Even a very slight turn might be alright. I have the Rev Curious Alert in mind, but was wondering about the Mears Off-Set Sweep. Is the form made where the head is basically looking straight away from the wall, or does it still have quite a bit of turn? Any other suggestions on forms or poses would be of great help. Pics would be great if that is not too much to ask. If it might help, the cape measurements are 8"x21"x24". Thanks in advance.

2. OS Sweep has a very slight turn but almost looks straight away from the wall.

3. buckman170

buckman170 Member

Yep has just a slight turn, but it has a really nice look to it. One of my favorite poses

4. hfparker

hfparker New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

One I mounted on several years ago because the cape was cut too short on the left side. Not a bad form just a little different look. Hope this helps