1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Placing deer heads on wall

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by MAC1, Feb 4, 2015.

1. MAC1

MAC1 Member

I have a left turn Mckenzie 6900, a right turn Ben Mears SUO and a right turn Ben Mears Off Set Sweep. I am adding another left turn Ben Mears SUO to my collection later this summer/fall.

We just moved to a different house and I want to leave a space for him on the wall. He will be on the biggest SUO form available (8x26). Is it better to go left turn, left turn, right turn, right turn, or left, right, left right? Going to be on a very long wall. The two SUO and 6900 all have sharp turns. The right offset sweep is more straight on, but that deer is the smallest of them all.

Thanks in advance!

2. Rules in hanging deer on walls.

#1 If you're married confer with her, she gets what she wants anyways. :mad: :mad:
    #2 Put them however/where ever, that turns you on. ;) ;)
    #3 Put some thought into lighting, entrance into room hang accordingly. ::) ::)
    #4 Pick the best viewing location in the room from your favorite chair. hang accordingly. 8) 8)
    #5 Go back and read #1, It don't much matter what you want. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

3. You always want to fill two walls in your living room! One wall for left turns,,, one wall for right turns,, and save a wall for the straight ones! I don't think I'd talk to the wife about this! Your buddies will understand!!

4. Dakota is going to get you castrated. ;D

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Listen to buckfever and if all else fails just tell her she's next, if she gives you to too much crap. In all seriousness it is real hard for us to tell you how to display them because we may choose to highlight different features, on each mount, than you would, for example character in racks.

6. You said "We" in your statement about moving to a new house. I take it "We" doesn't me you and your buddies. More than likely your wife. Good advise here. Ask her what to do. She may not want them there period, but you have a big set and don't listen. I don't know you so I can't say. As for me I turned "my set" over the last time I got married. Yes I stress, "last time". Me having the big set didn't work out so well for me. Remember "Happy Wife, Happy Life". Fortunately mine are all in my shop for my customers to see, like they really care. I have been putting little "how to" videos on here lately. Maybe I should do another. One on the proper ceremonial procedures for handing the boys over to the wife after the wedding ceremony!!!!!

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I would go Left, left, right, right and if that didn't look good, I would go left, right, left, right. If that didn't look good I'd go, left, left, right, right and if that didn't look good, I'd go right, right, left, left. If that didn't look good I'd go all lefts on one wall and all rights on another wall. If that didn't look good, I'd go left and right facing each other on one wall and the same on the other. If that didn't look good I'd go with them looking in the opposite direction, two on one wall, two on the other wall. If that didn't look good I'd put each mount on on a different wall so four mounts on four walls. If that didn't look good, then I'd put them in a different room and repeat the process until It looked good to me. Once it looked good to me, that is where I would leave them, that is if the misses agree's with me. Good luck on this very difficult decision.

8. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Hanging deer heads is a pretty simple task . :)

9. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

remember this. valentines is coming. :eek: do what you half to do to claim your space. and what ever tickles your fancy on ware to hang what ware.

11. MAC1

MAC1 Member

Thanks for the advice. My wife doesn't care where they go because she understands my pasion for the sport.. I was basically trying to save from some drywall patching and painting when my latest mount arrives. Different heights for different poses.

12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

What I did when I was doing my show room, was I put all my mounts on the floor in front of the wall I wanted them on and arranged them the way I thought they would look good. I stood on a 6 ft step ladder and looked down on them. When I got them like I wanted, I just walked them up the wall like they were on the floor. A little tweaking and there they were. Saved a lot of on and off movement on the wall.