1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need of advice

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by skallet roseri, Feb 6, 2015.

1. skallet roseri

skallet roseri needless to say!

I really need advise for this; I've delt with ALOT of trappers hunters and ranchers throughout the years. And I've had some bad dealings with people in the past but always sucked It up even if it was not my fault or sellers taking my money and never shipping items with promises of a shipping date.

I'm getting to the point I'm getting sick of people walking over me and i want to put my foot down.

However this case is different, I'm in a bind whether or not this issue that had accrued between a eBay seller and my self is my fault or his fault.

I had purchased a beautiful coyote from a eBay seller a few weeks back. I had originally offered him $500 plus shipping this coyote but he insisted he would let the listing go, through because he could get more money out of it. So I decided to bid on it and won the coyote for 330 dollars plus 100 for shipping.

There was ALOT of miss communication between me and the seller from the start but I figured it was because of the eBay messaging system. However when I received the coyote which was shipped over in priority mail box, I thought it was getting shipped raw over night for 100 dollars!!! It had been dorsal even though I asked for it cased skinned with head left in and it arrived salted rather than raw and it was soaking wet in a salt bag.

None of the legs were turned out and salt was packed all the way down the legs. The bones were left in the feet and the tail was not split or salted which the fur was loose. I checked the legs and back hairs which had no sign of slippage. I was PISSED and wanted to complain but I brushed it off as a easy fix.

I figured since it seemed like it was only the tail with issues I split it shoved salt in it for the night and prepared a rehydration bath the next morning because there was no way I,could get the hide to dry out in time and I didn't want to risk waiting to ship it to a tannery.

After putting it in the rehydration bath for a little over an hour I turned the ears out when soft enough
    And the fur just slipped right off as well as some hairs on the face.

So at this point I went ahead and contacted this guy and complained. And the basic response was the "I've never had issues with shipping and sold hundreds of pelts." he asked me for pictures of the hide when I pulled it out of the box and suggested the post office must of got the box wet. However the box was dry as can be and I didn't take pictures right out of the box. But I did get pictures of the hide the night of getting it that I could send over and that there was no way this coyote was shipped out a salt dried hide for it to be as wet as it was.

He proceeds to tell me he had a taxidermist skin the hide and it shipped out completely dried and he has witnesses. And that it's entirely my fault the coyote slipped in the rehydration bath.

Now I really don't want to get into the whole thing as I already spewed off. My question is; is this entirely my fault or can I go after him through PayPal.

I haven't had the coyote for two whole days and it's completely useless. its irreplaceable as I waited 4 years to add one of its coloration to my collection. Its over 400 dollars that I'm at a loss.

However I don't want to be a total dipshit for going after him if it's my fault. I need advise.

Please forgive the phone typing issues. (I can't type worth shit on a phone)

2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Get all your documentation together and file the complaint with paypal. For $100.00 they should have sent it overnight express anyways. To sent via post office after paying that amount is ridiculous. From what you say there is no reason you should be out all that money. It doesn't matter if this seller has shipped a million things safely, yours did not arrive that way. It does not make it your fault automatically.

Vic

3. Hungry Bear

Hungry Bear New Member

I would definately open a case with ebay. They will help you resolve the issue. I may take a few days as the seller will have so many days to respond. I have had to open a couple cases with ebay and they have all been solved to my satisfaction.

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

don`t wait! time is never on your side in matters like this. what I`d like to see is a $450 coyote. a palomino? I`ve got several monster wolf type eastern coyotes if you need anything like that, and whole lot cheaper!

5. Ahhh, THIS guy... I know what coyote you're talking about.
    This guy was TERRIBLE with communication, and only ever replied to one of my 3-4 messages. He CLAIMED that the $100 shipping was to cover the 'skinning of the coyote by the taxidermist' and the shipping. I even asked if he could ship it frozen whole to cut down on the shipping (no response).

Reason why I'm iffy on buying raw pelts off ebay. You can never know if the seller even knows what they're doing unless they have TONS of good feedback on selling/shipping raw pelts.
    I guess it's a good thing I passed that one up. I hope you get your money back from this guy. Sounds like he isn't very willing to make it right :/

Also, I thought you had 1-2 of that color in your collection already o_O

6. skallet roseri

Ok thanks, am I still in the wrong for Even rehydrating it in the first place or does it even matter? I have it in the pickle now and been working on shaving all the fat that was left behind is a question in it's self if it was even fleshed before salted. Its just a total mess!

Yeah the communication was pretty bad and I'm one of those people who can't stand dorsal skins. If it wasn't what it was I would of completely rejected the hide all together. I really put that behind me but the issues I just can't ignor when I spent that much. You would seriously think someone would take more time and care into it. The "TAXIDERMIST" who said skinned it should of done a better job and removed the bones from the feet. Its so fustrating.

BOB if you could catch me one identical to it, I'll gladly throw you 400 for it plus shipping. I have no way of throwing pictures up on this site through the phone.

Kristen I don't have that coloration. It's been illusive to me for years. Yet every year one pops up for sale.

7. dog sick

dog sick Member

nj.
    file a claim now. ebay works with you. I deal with ebay a lot had a few go bad let ebay they took care it know don't know about yours but go for it see what they have to say. if you use papal let them know to. good luck

8. bob wendt

describe the color etc. I either have or can catch most anything, sooner or later. blacks , reds, brindle, collie 1/2 breeds, you name it. only thing I`ve never caught was a true palomino. some white legs , just no white patches on the backs. I`ve got some 60 plus pounders alive in my pee cages right now. as ugly and rough as a coyote can get and still be called a coyote. woo doggies, I mean big, dark, and hairy.

9. Kanato, is this the one?
    [​IMG]

Figured I'd post it so Bob could see.

10. juli

juli Active Member

That looks like an Alaskan husky. LOL

11. cynpeterson, that's the one. Here are more pics of it that Kanato asked me to post

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bob wendt

DEFINITE DOG CROSS. HOPE YOU CAN SAVE IT, OR GET YOUR $ BACK.

13. skallet roseri

Actually their not dog crosses much like black coyotes or piebald. At one point a dog or wolf (as some people claim) left it's genes but for the most part they are as coyote as they get these days. They are commonly mistaken for dogs much like piebalds are mistaken for colli dog mixes.

You can get a mix of genes were only a certain pigment of hairs are effected, why the face and legs remain a normal color and the back is black. Instead of it being all black or all Brown. Now I don't really want to get into it since that's not why I made this post.

Its been one of my favorite colors and a absolute must in my collection. Its the reason why this coyote was very important to me and I'm very upset it wasn't taken proper care of it's not something that can be replaced so easly. I wanted to post the photos of it as a salted skin because that's how it arrived. Well aside from the fact I turned the head back out. Since I was showing a friend. Everything else wasn't even turned inside out to properly dry. So I don't know how he claimes he salted it three times and it was dry stiff.

At this point I'm going to file a claim or issue with eBay and PayPal. If I can get even half my money back I would be happy!

To anybody who wants to make a pretty penny for one identical to it, let me know! I'll double the price at this point for a good heavy coat western or mid type.

14. bob wendt

i`D DISAGREE ON THE DOG CROSS. SEEN THEM TIED , A MUTT AND A COYOTE. CAUGHT THEM FLOPPY EARED LIKE A COON HOUND, CURLY HAIRED LIKE AN AIRDALE, SHORT LEGGED LIKE A DASCH HOUND OR BASSET, LONG HAIRED , LIKE 6-8" LONG HAIR LIKE A COLLIE. IT HAPPENS. VERY COMMONLY IN THE EAST AND SOUTH, ALMOST NEVER IN THE WEST. YOU`LL NEVER GET AN ANIMAL LIKE THAT IN THE WEST. AT LEAST i`VE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF ONE YET. IF i SHOULD GET ONE SIMILAR, i`LL BE SURE TO CONTACT YOU. HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU ON THE $ END, THAT`S TOO MUCH $ TO LOSE. DO YOU MIND SAYING, OR PM-ING, WHO DID YOU WRONG?