1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

other options or suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by 3.14159, Feb 6, 2015.

1. 3.14159

3.14159 New Member

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to deal with safety acid and Rittel tan? I absolutely love to use this combo on my work, but even with wearing gloves and using plastic kitchen mixing spoons I somehow manage to get a rash from something (not sure what is causing it, but it only happens when I use these.) I am absolutely NOT trashing or berating the product, and regardless I will continue to use them, but I was hoping someone would have a suggestion as to a better way of mixing them together and rotating the skins when they are in them?

Thanks,

Kal

2. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Pi, You might just fall into the category of someone with sensitivities to many chemicals, MCS. I'm NOT diagnosing your reactions but am suggesting that you stop immediately and seek the advice of your physician. It could be the gloves or the chemicals in the mix or a combination thereof. It can develop suddenly or over a long period of exposure.

http://www.multiplechemicalsensitivity.org/

Don't take this lightly...

3. 3.14159

3.14159 New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

4. X2. I have found I am more sensitive to lawyer thinner now since I have gotten a little older, that and fungicidal sealer, wet look gloss...