1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

United Taxidermists Of New York Competition and Convention April 9th-12th

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by gobbl4me, Feb 7, 2015.

1. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

This year the convention will be held at the Holiday Inn in Auburn ,N.Y. Were very excited about the new location! This year is sure to be bigger and better than ever! We have 10 seminars lined up so far ! More information will be available on the website soon. We have a GREAT lineup of judges !

Whitetails- Pete Lajoie
    Mammals and Gameheads - Michelle Burkholder
    Birds - Gregg Ielfield
    Fish - Mark Vitch

2. Looking forward to the show...and new location sounds great ...always a great time.

3. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

Website has been updated !

4. Looking forward To the new location in Auburn. Hotel is great and the schedule of seminars looks great. Working hard to finish my piece.

5. Jer

Jer Member

If anyone has had trouble getting the Show rate of $90 at the hotel because they are taken , try again....the hotel added more rooms to our block.

6. Just reserved my room. They didn't have the additional rooms updated in their system till later this afternoon, so if anyone had trouble earlier today, there shouldn't be any problem reserving now. Looking forward to the show!
    Jen

7. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that more rooms have been set aside for UTNY. Lower rates are good until April 3rd. We will have a DJ set for Friday night at the bar. Hope your getting your pieces finished up soon! I cant wait!!!!!

8. My husband and I just got home from The show. Just wanted to tell the New York association officers and members thank you for a terrific weekend. We had a great time and everyone was super! I'm so glad I got to meet everybody. It was good to put faces to names. --Thank you

9. X 2 Michelle, It was at a new hotel & a great one, Great job to the board for this and all their hard work. It was also great to see so many new people attend the show. See you all next year.

Gregg

10. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Michelle, Gregg,
    We can spend an hour thanking President Joe Havel, the UTNY officers, board members and friends such as yourselves for a fabulous weekend at the show. And we'll do just that later somewhere else. To make a long story short, somebody found the following news clip on the front page of a local newspaper in the town of Auburn -

http://auburnpub.com/news/local/make-a-wish/image_32a4b848-f230-5d70-85aa-7a6315b744c1.html

It was taken to the officers and emotionally brought up at the general membership meeting on Sunday. Heaven only knows what's in store for one of the bravest little boys I've ever heard of, but what the UTNY and several amazing vendors and taxidermists offered to do for him will not only let his family and friends know we care, but will let that adorable 7 year old kid know that he will experience an African dream come true in less time than it would take an endless throng of wildebeest to complete their migrations. This morning, an email fwd was sent to President Havel and to one of the most gracious supply companies and a NY based tannery that's in our industry who agreed to be involved with the UTNY in this matter. The condensed version is that if our little 'big game' safari goer opts to collect any trophies on his expedition, the UTNY found a small army of taxidermists to put the shoulder mounts from dreams to wall for him. Prior to his trip to Africa, and with parental consent, our newest and youngest African naturalist will be offered a tour of Carl Akeley's African Hall, just to see how many species can be named before his August 2015 safari begins. From there, a private viewing of some of the most historical African collections of the 20th century will be his for the eye candy of a lifetime, make no bones about it either.
    United Taxidermists of New York; you will be blessed for this and more...thank you!!

11. Jer

Jer Member

Gregg/Michelle, We are glad you had a good time. Everyone enjoyed having you as well as Pete and Mark as judges. It was a super weekend

John, I know you aren't surprised at the support our membership and suppliers want to give that little boy and his family....its one great group of people we have there.

Jerry

12. John the link you posted isn't letting the article come up.

13. Here is the link,
    http://auburnpub.com/news/local/auburn-boy-with-brain-tumor-to-go-on-african-safari/article_8d1d7d60-117e-5876-bea3-6bdb2960fdf8.html

Gregg

14. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Sorry Michelle, but thanks for re-post Gregg!

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I heard good things about the show, glad to hear it!