1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Older stressed buck bowkill

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Warbird, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Not mine. I took this buck in during the middle of December. I'm in Southern Illinois. Coyotes were witnessed dogging him, end of rut. large festering wound on the upper shoulder. One of his antlers fell off where he dropped dead, other one fell off while he was being loaded into a pick up truck. Just by looking at him one can only imagine the stress he had endured through the breeding season, not to mention the constant coyote assaults. His head was a big 7 1/2 , but his neck was a muscular 17 inches. He resembles a race horse. Time for a change-out head.
    [​IMG]

2. Man look at that ear! At least it makes it easier to do a no seem mount if the antlers are off already.

3. verne

verne Well-Known Member

See what he tans out to be size wise ; you might be surprised he could let out to a descent measurement . :)

4. Verne, you are right on. Just by coincidence I've been tanning this cape. I oiled it, broke it on my fleshing beam, and ended up with an at least 21" neck. It might even fit a 22". I am really surprised, that means much less work!..........Thanks, John

5. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Glade to hear that . ;)