1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

tannery question

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by passthru, Feb 9, 2015.

1. For years I have done my own tanning. to free up some time will be sending hides out for tanning.

I live in southern Oregon and looking at Wildlife Fur Dressing in California or Moyle Mink. Anyone have any input on either? Or another viable option in the general area?

2. jk

jk Active Member

I have used WLF for a number of years. Really like there work. I get most of my heads wet tanned. Great stretch, very thin and outstanding customer service. I would highly recommend them. I know there are other tanneries out there that do a good job, I just like WLF and continue to use them. If not broken why fix it.
    J

3. Before I started tanning myself, I used wildlife fur dressing in CA. They really do a great job and care about their customers. Always friendly on the phone and willing to help. I would recommend using them.

4. I would not use Moyle to tan anything. Their tan is OK.
    They lost a Mountain Goat skin of mine a few years ago, It did not go bad in tanning they just could not find it. This happened after they billed me for the tanning. Very difficult to deal with, as I had to replace it then get reimbursed for the skin but not the tanning on the lost one.
    Too many other GOOD businesses to deal with rather than bother with these people. YUP still VERY bitter!!!!

Kevin