1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Blue foam

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by mcking, Feb 10, 2015.

1. mcking

mcking Member

Hello everyone. I was curious what blue foam scraps can be used for? I do alot of fish so I have so much scrap left over. It's kinda expensive so I hate to throw it all. But I have quite a bit so I'm kinda starting to think of pitching it. I never done much of making rocks with it. I usually buy the artificial rock panels. So yeah just wanted to see what you all do with any scrap. Thanks

2. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    I put mine back together with spray foam and carve rocks out of the foam

3. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

rocks is right!!! sand after rasping them to remove some of the ''holes'' a surform will leave. Give them a good heavy primer coat of white exterior paint then wash with browns blacks or greys spray poly on them ,,done.I use them for duck bases.

4. I spread a thin coat of veneer wall plaster on mine. I like the rock texture and hardness when it's dry....John

5. Wildmantaxidermy

Wildmantaxidermy Member

bases: bird, fish, small game... they make a great builder that you can put anything on top of, dirt mud pine needles etc... rocks you can shave down the foam and put pieces together to add dimension and depth or multiple rocks together, then put a 1/4 in thick paper mache coating over everything and paint. and same with dirt or mud base or mulch base.. they are great fillers!