1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need a gadwall and widgeon open mouth head

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Shawn73, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Does any know who sells competition quality ones.

2. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Ted Weyenberg at http://www.worksofartwaterfowlstudio.com/ has OM bills for both of those.

As others have mentioned here (Advanced search) Ted's heads are top of the line, for several reasons.

And what is so cool, and unique about his OM heads, are that the tongue has a special, simple attachment which makes it removable for painting, and just clicks back into place - after you have the inside of the mouth, the lamellae and the bill painted. Really neat system.

Attached Files:

• teal.jpg
      teal.jpg
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:

3. wings II

wings II New Member

Call Ted Weyenberg. (920- 788 - 4515) for the open mouth wigeon Drake head it has a precast removable tongue that is the bomb diggity.

Gadwall Drake head size can vary a great deal so for competition I would recommend that you cast the head and then do a lamellae transfer for best results. :)

4. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

I called ted he doesn't take new customers and he said he probably didn't have any and didn't plan on molding any more. Do u guys happen to have a extra one you will be willing to sell

5. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Yea I really wanted to use his heads but not sure what s going on

6. For competition I would do what Matt suggested and cast your own. Ted's heads are awesome but if your out of luck there then definitely cast some.

7. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Ted's heads look awesome and if he doesn't want new customers can some one order them for me. Lol. Yea it's looking like I gotta cast them.

8. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

I have ordered heads from lone star taxidermy. The nasal passage is drilled out unlike some others. Good heads and are $8-10 closed or open.

9. wings II

wings II New Member

I've got an o/m Widgeon...pm me ur address :)

10. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

lone star does a good job ,I got some snows from them last year.