1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I reached a milestone yesterday!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Ron Kelly, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

I have been in Full time Business since 1979. During that time I have kept all my customers records and am happy to say I just took in my 15,000th customer fish yesterday! Alot of the success is the large numbers of fish I did over the years while living on Lake Fork in Texas. A couple years my staff and I did over 1000 fish (real and replicas). I am thankful to God that He has allowed me to do what i want to and has given me the customers to succeed in my Business. Although, I do all forms of Taxidermy as well, Fish have always been the strong point in my shop. I am also thankful to the many Fishheads that have inspired me over the years. It was quite a surprise when I decided to let my customer know his fish was free and that He was the record setter. His name is Brian and he is a re-peat customer(9 fish to date) and I felt it is the least I could do. Just thought I would share this.

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Congrats. I hope to be in business as long as you. You were one of the folks I looked up to starting out. Keep up the good work.

3. barend

barend Member

Congratulations ron, a very good record. Keep up the hard work. :)

4. den007

den007 Active Member

Congratulations Ron! That is a staggering number of fish. I remember the great replicas I bought from you in that translucent, flex fiberglass. They were slick! I was sickened to hear of the news when your shop burned. But, I can relate to fire. Interestingly enough, one fish that was pulled from the remains of my house was one of your steelhead repros. It was too badly melted to use, but I still have it in the yard……maybe I will share a picture. Wish you were still doing a large inventory of replicas………but I guess you are keeping busy.

5. dougp

dougp Active Member

Congrats Ron......that's a lot of fish!!!!! :D ;D

DougP

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Congrats Ron!

Congratulations Ron! That is a rare milestone...... and I really like your work! Your fish are exceptional!

:)

Kerby...

7. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Congrats! Still using some of your tips when you judged our KS show.

8. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Congratulations! I certainly learned a lot when attending one of your seminars several years ago, and I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge.

9. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Congrats Ron . Great accomplishment ! Wish you many more years of fish mounts.

10. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Congrats Ron, I cant even imagine having so many customers ! I hope you have a long and happy future ahead of you
    John

11. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Congrats Ron that is a great accomplishment!

12. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

Congrats-- great job!!
    Gary B.

13. Congrats Ron, Its been a long time coming. That is a lot of fish.

14. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

Congrat's Ron, what an inspirational story too! Keep up the good work, that many customers and years of service is a testament to your work.

15. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Congrats

16. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Dang that 15,000 more than I've done. Getting ready to try my first soon.

17. jakecs

jakecs Member

congrats Ron, that is awsome

18. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Also, thanks for the front cover, Ken. Quite a surprise. Yes, that's alot of fish, but pales in comparison to Archie Phillips who still does around 4-5,000 per year!

19. Awesome!!! great accomplishment. 15,000th customer WOW..

20. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    That number speaks volumes.
    Ron,
    Congratulations on such an accomplishment and getting your bass on the front cover, so well done!