1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Switching from earliners to bondo?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 4000fps, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

4000, my customers do, or I sure wouldnt bother with thickness. Liners are a breeze once you do em for awhile, trust me. Do what works for you, I wouldnt worry about what others think anyway, lol.

Swamp, heck I dont mind, I just couldnt take credit for the quote, let someone smarter then me have their due...right? Ok, then that could be about anyone, hahaha.

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Bill's sooooo coooool!! ;D

3. Mike108

Mike108 Guest

I'm a bonda man, never used ear liners. All though I must admit I've been thinking about giving them a try. I get good results from bondo that's probably why I haven't tried liners up to this point. 4000 if your spending a couple hours on ears and you've been using them for 10 years, I don't think I want to try them! If your spending that much time it would take me forever..lol Where as I spend about 10-15 min now tops.

4. Bill Yox

Yes, thats why I keep saying Im using bondo and other methods with elk and moose, cuz of that cartilage issue! Im agreeing! Mulies seem to run 50/50 for me so far. We as taxidermists do know what methods work best for our own capabilities, Id say, based on the comments in here. The bottom line is efficiency and a good looking finished mount. Happy taxidermist and happy customer.

5. Mike108

Mike108 Guest

Swiss cheese? Ouch doesn't sound like much fun to me...lol It sounds like Whities are the about the only easy ear to use liners on. Has anyone used them on say Mt. Lion, Boar, Bobcats, etc? I see them in the catalogs and contimplate using them sometimes. I'm just thinking about time and fixing the damage I do to the ear in the process. Just like anything else practice practice practice. I personally like the look of the liners myself but I do have the bondo method done good and I have never had any complaints atleast to my face anyway. After they leave could be a diffrent story, but they come back every year.

6. I use bondo!You do taxidermy to make money,time is money!Why make something harder than it has to be?

7. any of you guys ever try ear magic? i just switched to it about a month ago i like it prteety well so far easier to get a thiner ear w/ it for sure.

8. Bill Yox

One thing about liners I will say...in the past, I had issues with different adhesives that for sure comprimised the process. Now Im ok with what I do, and having said this, I do not have the "hours" into liners and prep that many of you here describe. That too might make a big difference. Im only having to take a fraction of that time normally.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Still going?

10. bill@hogheaven

bill@hogheaven New Member

Sick of this one "T" ? Start up the DP/Tan or McKenzie deer have a skinny face exercise & beat that dead horse for a few days LMFAO.

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

I agree with Bill, let's talk about something that hasn't been discussed in a few days. How about who has the best forms on the market, or Van Dyke's shipping, c'mon let's get something started again!(LOL)

12. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Let's go with the bread and butter. A Krowtann Q&A.