1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is being used to apply mod podge to nose

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Mathewsxt1987, Feb 17, 2015.

1. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

I have tried many nose detail bottles from different companies. The best I have found are from HQ supply try one and you will agree. My next order I will get a spare one

2. ofearthandbone

ofearthandbone New Member

Did you paint this George? Amazing!

3. ofearthandbone

ofearthandbone New Member

I mean Dave, sorry....duh. Great work and detail.

4. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

ofearthandbone, I painted this portrait for our pastor on his 10 year anniversary with our church. I really appreciate the compliment from you and George both.

5. Amazing work Dave!

6. For the Liquitex users, are you using gloss, semi-gloss, satin, etc? Seems like it comes in a few finishes and just curious which one you guys are using or if there is a preference?

To the OP, I use a detail bottle (from HQ Taxidermy I believe) and it does provide good control. A syringe would work great as well as others have posted. I used to use a fine brush but find I do better work with the detail bottle.

7. A toothpick works great for me. Saves you money and time.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Huh? I must have missed something with that being said.

9. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Dip the toothpick in modge podge and apply to nose. I have seen it done.

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Sure, it CAN be done but sitting there with a ModPodge jar in on hand and a dipping toothpick hardly saves time and a bottle or syringe costing you a buck or two is hardly "saving money".

11. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Agreed.

12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I used to use a tooth pick too. The bottle applicator is just as fast and you don't have an open bottle of glue wanting to dry on you.

13. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

I bought the plastic bottles from Paul B with the fine metal tips, they work great with Liquitex medium gloss..

14. ShawnK

ShawnK Don't take criticism to heart, it's a free lesson

Could someone post a pic of a finished nose with liqui-tex please?

15. Papamac

Papamac New Member

I used a toothpick on my first 2 deer heads, its time consuming, I picked up a detail bottle at hobby lobby the other day, I am hoping it will be faster.