1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OUTDOOR HUB, you're getting on my last nerve

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by George, Feb 17, 2015.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Aside from lagging behind the rest of the cyberworld in accepting pictures to be posted, the search engine sucks and the ability to post is simply assinine.

Tonight in one of my political rants against By Golly, I'd written a novel . After proofing it and rereading it, I scrolled down and hit POST. Immediately I was returned to the home screen (OR SO I THOUGHT). Then as I went to another post, I noticed that By Golly had also responded at the same time and that had I thought about SCROLLING DOWN ON THAT HOME SCREEN, I would have seen the note that someone else had posted and I might want to change what I'd said before posting. The only trouble was, with all those silly assed pop-ups, banners, and advertising, I simply wasn't realizing I was back on the Taxidermy Net and not on Facebook or the AR site.

Simple fix, however, just hit the back icon and then submit it, right? WRONG! That screen has now been cleared and since I'd gone to another posting in the meantime, it is lost and gone forever.

Well, I'm not going back to tell Bob he's a dumbass because that's a known fact or to tell Naharold that he is simply wrong. I figured I'd just use the time it would take me to retype that to use it more judiciously and tell you how that since you've taken over this site, it sucks more and more each day.

And yes, I do feel much better now that I've said it.

2. George

GREAT. This morning I answered another post. When I clicked "POST", nothing happened. After about 15 seconds, I figured I might have missed the icon so I clicked it a second time. It threw me off the site and back to the Google search page. And it's only Wednesday.

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I hear you George. I have noticed a lot more lockups, server not found, failure to post and the back button not working properly lately. It is getting annoying. The other side of the coins is we don't have to pay for the site so we either have to deal with it or move on elsewhere. What choice do we really have? I hope they get it fixed but I have been hoping that for the last couple weeks!

I have taking to copying my text and PM's before I post/send them so if they disappear I still have them to attempt to re-post.

4. raccoon

raccoon New Member

You guys didn't say what browser you are using where these problems are occurring. Also Ken and I are looking at a very modern replacement for the software that Taxi.net runs on today.

5. George

Steve, does it really matter. I use AOL and the ethernet, but the problems are unique to THIS site. Facebook is free, the Accurate Reloading site if free. It just irks me that my favorite site simply does not have features I can find on other sites or has issues I'm not encountering over there. The Search icon is virtually and completely useless any more. I will try to find a post that I KNOW I posted so that I can reference it to someone else instead of rewriting the whole spiel and it comes up with "No such entry found". Posting a picture reminds me of the days of the Commodore 64. I'll just bet I'm not the only person who's looked for the "Like" button or who's hit the "Enter" key expecting the entry to be posted.

6. Try posting/uploading a picture, it gets to 99% and FAILS no matter what size the picture. I remember at one time it resized the picture for you. Im also tired of everyone spouting off about FREE, that's BS! It either works well or it does not. The difference between free apps and paid, are that the paid apps have more features and we don't have to see the ads.

7. I forgot , I'm using the IPhone 6 with Safari.

8. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

And that chevy truck popup drives me crazy also......everytime I click taxi net in outdoor hub it pops up.

9. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Used to be able to use tapatalk which I use on several other sites without any of the issues of OHUB

10. lokireptiles

lokireptiles Member

I have to agree with the new truck pop up ad! I think it's actually working in reverse of what the intended purpose. I realize ads are what makes this forum free but really, a full screen pop up that only goes away if you click a tiny x in the corner? I am starting to despise Chevy and their trucks. Probably never buy a car truck from them. Now the chances are even lower.

11. George

The web address you entered could not be found[more information]
    You were trying to go to http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=1

That's the one I get at least once a day anymore. Whether its DROID, Kindle, or PC. Absolutely love it.

12. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Post only every other day George and half your problem is immediately fixed - lol!

Maybe you're just posting too much??? ;)