1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Maine conventio 2015?

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by ofearthandbone, Feb 18, 2015.

1. ofearthandbone

ofearthandbone New Member

Anyone find the location being held a bit out of place? Sunday river? Cabelas in south Portland made much more sense...not only being cabelas but near a more metro area...less travel, more eateries,...many more affordable places to stay and sight see. This is very discouraging to drive back and forth an hour away from me...seems like the association and Sunday river worked out quite a deal having all the visitors stay at their resort.

2. It's only another 15 minutes down the road from where you get your milk and bread.. ;)
    Looking forward to seeing you there.

All the Best, Todd Szymaszek

3. Cabelas was a great venue but we have out grown the space. Sunday river was brought up as a possibility to the officers and board of directors and after negotiations it was chosen as the site for out show. We will have much more space and the ability to have the competition, banquet, seminars all under one roof. We now have the ability to have vendors attend the show where this was not possible at Cabelas. The board also had allot of negative feed back on the high cost of motels on the coast in at the time of the show. This was also a consideration on choosing this location. The rates they gave us are much better than what we had in southern Maine. I hope we will see you at the show and please feel free to call me if you have any more questions or concerns. 207-229-6012

4. ofearthandbone

Oh! That's great then. Good to hear when you out grow a space! I hope I can make it. So far I've only mounted a raccoon, squirrel, duck and today I am mounting a deer. Nervous, it's taken me 3 days now to get the eyes just right. I'm not literally going to put the skin on. Wish me luck!
    Thanks!

5. Bring them up. Nothing beats a one on one critique with one of the judges. They are great people and more than willing to share their knowledge. See you there.

6. ofearthandbone

Ok! Well, set the ears..tomorrow it should be smooth sailing with my young buck!