1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Surprise DNR visit

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by bigjohn123, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Havent had the pleasure of being inspected in 8 years Sunday 4oclock with both my grandchildren seems like a strange time to come.Youd figure they would be a little more courteous especial;;y there are 6 other days to annoy me.Wonder if they are getting overtime.Got me on an untagged duck I got in one hour before they came tag filled out hadn't placed on duck was letting it thaw a little to look at wings before I put tag on and in freezer.Also got me on some bullshit paperwork all warnings but spent 2 hrs in 6 degree weather in garage stove had been turned off .Any body else have any good storys .Had a bobcat wallhanger tanned and hanging with some pelts they insisted I needed a cited tag on it informed them it was 6 years old and was hanging as part of my wallhanger collection they pretty much were clueless about there own bs rules.I hope they enjoyed their visitJohn

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

In Illinois they're suppose to only show up during business hours. I would have told him to come back Monday when we open. I've only been checked three or four times in 15+ years and never had an issue. In that cold weather, I would have said "here's my books, my system - have at it, and if you have any questions feel free to come back into my warm shop and ask me"! I use to work in the Nuke industry so I'm use to crossing all the "T's" and dotting the "i's". I'm not worried about ever being in any violation...

3. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    ya door would of been shut,come back monday,,you should read up on that