1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Alteration Questions- Coydog

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Knuxtiger4, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Thanks for the info Jim, I will definately be trying that.

2. Did the baking soda solution tonight and noticed there was quite a bit of stretch on the hide! Unfortunately not enough to get over that dang Achilles muscle, just started to barely touch it. From what it looking like, I going to have to cut it and rebuild the muscle to the right size the form as the only option now. I'm trying not to risk anymore time since I've notice some tears in one of the hind leg that are showing up now (repaired but noticed the leather is getting weaker, this was before the solution was applied) and want to get her mounted on the next try.

Going to spend the weekend get the form all fixed up and see when I'll have a chance to mount her next week.

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Just file down the legs and sand smooth, I have yet to get a coyote or fox to fit over any form without mods, especially the legs. once you get it sewed up and dry, it will look much fuller with the fur dried and fluffed.