1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Snow goose?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by hairy perch, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Got a couple of geese in a couple of months ago,that was supposed to be immature snows. Their beaks are not black but rather colored like a wood duck.Still cannot load pictures so if anyone can help me please do so. What I need is the paint schedule for their beaks. Wish I could download the pictures,but I thought I would never see the day I would need to use a computer

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Like wood ducks??? I don't know what you have but if they resemble wood duck drakes, they are not juvenile snow geese.

3. Looks kind of like a ross goose except the nail is white with a black tip, black lips, red from the nail to the nostrils, then the nostrils have yellow, black and brown mix, with yellow across the bridge and white where the beak meets the fearhers

4. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

In this case a picture is worth a thousand words.....

5. I will try and get one up ASAP

6. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Snow geese don't have black bills. Birds have beaks.

7. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. going to try and load picture. Looks like you got it similar Jim[flash=200,200]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/perch14/IMGA0991.jpg. The only difference is the nail is white with a black tip and it is dirty brown around the nostrils. Do you have a paint schedule for that one Jim. I will start there and modify it

9. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Just a normal snow goose .... not sure how that could be compared to a woodie ?

10. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

The bill I posted is faded a bit. Usually a stronger red through the mid section.

11. Thats it Jim. Sorry it took so long but I am still having troubles with pictures. You have a paint schedule for it?

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I find that coloration more common in Blue Geese here in the Atlantic flyway. Has an orange tinge to it.

13. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

exactly George ,,I never paint them just a straight pink there are all sorts of shades to a snow or blue .The brown color hairy perch talked about could be from those rice fields they eat in ,,sure stains up the belly feathers