1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Needs to increase my business..

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by mingo, Mar 3, 2015.

1. What have you found to be the best way to increase your business besides word of mouth or an occasional newspaper add? I really cant put up a sign because I live in a deed restricted area..

2. Shaun513

Shaun513 New Member

I also live in a deed restricted area but the way I found around it was to use lawn signs (Like election signs) fairly cheap and I move there locations every so often.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Business cards at the sporting goods stores and butcher shops and a weekly add in the paper has gotten me a ton of business.

4. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

Decals on your truck windows ! Their a rolling billboard !

5. Shaun513

Shaun513 New Member

Yeah I also have the car door magnets that I put on for hunting season also. There is a new Taxi down the road that put one of those truck wraps on his car (it looks pretty darn good) but cost like 1500 or so.

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

There is no fast way to attract customers away from other taxidermist. High quality, a good turnaround and price yourself right, that's it, but it take time. Business cards everywhere you can, post work on hunting sights(LOL), ad in a state hunting digest if you have one, auto decals and a good web sight.

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I have seen many stores and restrants that will allow business cards.

8. Business cards in businesses, join organizations and donate mounts to raffle, logo on vehicle is a must yearound, a sign, a website, sponsor events such as little league, local rodeo events, racing, etc. Anywhere you can get your name out. I also wrote field care articles in a state hunting and fishing magazine in return for a nice advertisement. Ask businesses to hang your mounts for display. I also put out flyers for a big buck contest one year. A catchy name for your business goes a long way as well. Any way you can get your work and business name out there for people to see. As previously stated though it takes time, patience, and quality work for a reasonable price. Word of mouth/referrals is the majority of it though, and 24-7 advertising witha sign and vehicle window advertising. Best of luck.

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You could sponsor a big buck contest. The biggest buck gets a certain % off a mount and the smallest gets a cash prize. That keeps everyone interested.

10. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I like Tanglewood's idea, Cash prize for the smallest shoulder mount. I have all customers antlers scored now as part of my doing the shoulder mounts. My thought was % off Top three shoulder mounts after scoring. I may try the biggest for fish, with a baitshop looking to increase sales, during a contest.

11. Exactly right on the big buck contest. I gave $100, $50, and a few $25 gift certificates to be used at our shop, worked well. I did the same for my daughter's after prom raffle. Kids will be the future of your business. Also I bought about 200 koozies and would hand them out to New customers. They are around $1.25 each, people love them, and they are an excellent edvertising item. And everyone wants a taxidermy tee shirt.

12. Cheap camo caps, pens, business cards everywhere they're allowed, nice sign on back window of truck, Facebook, website and good search engine optimization, hunting and fishing banquets (hand a pen and card to everyone there). Notice I didn't say print ads or newspaper. I don't do shirts because guys will wear cap every day. I like the buck contest - may try that one next Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. M and M

M and M New Member

Just wandering but if you have the signs made for your truck or a billboard type thing made can you take that off your taxes?

14. elkman1970

elkman1970 New Member

Im doing big buck where the prize is a free mount 1 adult and 1 child 16 and under maybe that will help next year we need to keep the youth in the out doors or the out doors will not be there for any of us to ejough for long.

15. Shaun513

Shaun513 New Member

M&M -
    Yes you can write off your advertising expenses.

16. Jacob N.

Jacob N. Member

Idaho
    Website! You can set up free ones. Then just get a google Adwords account so people will see it when they search for taxidermists in your area.