1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is flocking??

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 8Point, Mar 4, 2015.

1. 8Point

8Point Member

I have a few questions for anyone... What is flocking? Where can I get it? What is it typically used for? Just asking cuz I have a deer that I just mounted and the fur around nose slipped a little due to customer not taking care of hide in warm weather. I was told to use flocking to repair it.....

2. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

http://www.flockit.com/

3. 8Point

8Point Member

Awesome thank you! Does anyone have a color preference? Do you just glue it on the skin? Can you paint it? Any pics of it in use??

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

If you glue flocking on it it will look like you glued flocking on it

5. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

x2. Deer capes aren't hard to come by, replace the cape if the slip is too big to cut & sow. If it were irreplaceable, you could try finding an exact color/hair length match and sow in a patch. But not worth it on a deer cape. Flocking will look cheesy.

6. 8Point

8Point Member

Thanks everyone. I was skeptical that it would look cheesy but wasn't sure. Unfortunately it is already mounted and drying. I'm skipping the flocking.....

7. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

You can take some spare deer hair of similar color and chop is up really fine and use it for small repairs.