1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hippo feet

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by derhntr, Mar 5, 2015.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

Haven't been on here in a while but looking for some help. I have two hippo feet I just finished and need to get them capped, with some sort of thin brass with about a one inch edge going down the foot. I'm in Va Beach, if anybody knows somebody that can help that would be great. The company that said we can do it just informed me, no we can't.

Thanks if anybody can help.

2. derhntr

derhntr Member

Update, if you ever find yourself faced with hippo feet and your customer says they want brass or any metal cap just say no. I spoke with a world class taxidermist here in Va and he assured me it's not going to happen. After 1 full day of searching on the web I have to agree, just convince your customer to cap them in wood or don't do the job.

3. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

This is a elephant foot but I had the same problem ... I found one place that said the could do the brass but it was going to cost $500 ... I ended up finding a metal trash can that would fit in the foot then capped it with a wooden ring

[​IMG]

4. derhntr

derhntr Member

Nice