1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

painting the white on northern pike

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by the grey, Mar 5, 2015.

1. the grey

the grey Member

painted a couple northerns with the air brush but between the quality of gun and paint and thinners im having a tough time getting it dialed in well enough to paint the white spots on the side of body of northern pike. is there a hand way of doing the white spots. Even the professionals ive seen leaving a little bit of white foggy overspray over the lines and spots. Is there some white pencil type things out there or something similar to that?

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Spend some time here researching this and you will find a number of different ways. I myself use several methods such as adding retarder and thinner to my paints and using airbrush to actually removing paint with thinner and a Q-tip, and everything in between. Sometimes it is when you do it more than how.

3. Ditto on cleaning off beans with lacquer thinner on qtip after applying green. Then can lightly do beans with whatever medium you want. I like panpastels best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

If u paint it right from the get go, u will have no need to worry about overspray. If u are dealing with a light paint first and following it up with a broadcast coat of a darker color,u won't be able to notice the light overspray unless u applied the whites to thick.......which is a very common mistake

5. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I could be wrong but spray the bean areas Bass belly white first with laquaer, after you use Q-tip to move the over sprayed green beans. Now spray Green using water base paint, removing over spray from beans with Q-tip, this will not remove your white.