1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Thalia, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Thalia

Thalia Member

USA

2. akvz

akvz New Member

Re: Wolf or coyote?

I've never seen a wolf that colour but I've also not seen a coyote that big. Are the ears pointed or rounded? They're usually a dead giveaway. Other than the size everything seems to be coyote, colour, feet, etc...

3. Re: Wolf or coyote?

I want to say it's just a huge red colored coyote. I've gotten a few coyotes that huge before

4. Re: Wolf or coyote?

My Wolf pelt is 71'' (and ''regular wolf coloured'') and my biggest Coyote pelt is 62'' (and she's red).

I'd take a guess and say its a Coywolf that's taken on the red colouration that tends to occur in Yotes, but don't take my words for it since Northern Ireland doesn't have either critters running around it.

5. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Coyote.....here in NH we have some pretty big Coyotes and I have one in the freezer that weighed 48 pounds and if hanging would make yours look pretty small. If it were a wolf it would be twice the size of yours. Even a juvenile wolf would be bigger than the one you have. Good luck...JL

6. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

Definitely a coyote.