1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW 10 3/9/2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by spencer2, Mar 9, 2015.

1. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Good morning bird brains. Sorry for the late start but the bed was too comfortable this morning. I'll begin with a piece I'll be bringing to a show.[​IMG]

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Hey Spencer! That's an awesome piece! Hope I get to see it in person.

It's been raining for 2 days here with more to come. I'll have a couple pieces to post if it'll quit raining long enough to get them outside. Here's my last Woodie for this season. A kids first Wood Duck.

[​IMG]

3. hunt439

hunt439 New Member

Wow Spencer thats nice. Looks just like my back yard in Louisiana. Had a bayou in the back and the woodies hung out there by the hundreds.
    Brook nice birds from you as always.

4. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Nice woody I'm sure the kid will be delighted. [​IMG]Here is a kids first pair if mallards.

5. BrookeSFD16

Ok Spencer. .we're matching up species now. :D If we are gonna keep this up you have to do a Pintail next.;D

Here's a young man's first banded bird. The top picture is the reference pic he sent me. I learned a lot on this bird during the process, especially a few things I could have done differently that would have made it easier and the bird would have been closer to the reference pic. This was as close as I could get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not real happy with it...but the kid LOVED it.

6. Great looking woodies Spencer and Brooke. Here is my contribution to the week. Brett[​IMG]

7. spencer2

spencer2 Member

As long as the kid loved it then that's all that matters. Nice buffies pope.

8. MallardsFowlLife

MallardsFowlLife Well-Known Member

Nice looking stuff this week y'all. Pair of flushing Pintails for me as they went out the door today.
    [​IMG]

9. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Hello everyone and our thanks to Spencer2 for hosting. Great looking works by all. A nice specklebelly finished up and on its way home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BrookeSFD16

Pope and Young. Love the buffies! I got none this year.

MFL Great pair of Pintail. I have yet to do a hen of that species.

Paul...awesome Speck! I'll get to do one in a week or so and it'll be my first. Hope it turns out half as good as yours.

Thanks for the compliments. Here's a Pintail from me.

[​IMG]

11. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Thanks Brooke. Your birds are sure looking nice. Keep up the great work. Your customers and you should be really proud of their trophies, Paul.

12. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Great mounts guys. Here is a canvas [​IMG]

13. wings II

wings II New Member

Spring break always seems to be a slow week... Still, I love all the pictures! :)

[​IMG]

14. Cinnamon Teal pair from my hunt with Glass Eye

Attached Files:

15. Ruddys from the Glass Eye Hunt

Attached Files:

16. roonie

roonie Member

what an awesome group of birds this week! Sorry but my favorite has to be the specks but only because i want some to do in the worst way. They come through here in Sask. Canada quite early in the fall so i miss them.

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

wildturkey, you did a great job on all of them, respect

18. BrookeSFD16

Jay, love the way you used that skull plaque. Fits the bird nicely. Great Pheasants!

19. Doug B

Doug B Well-Known Member

Great work everyone, love the pheasants!

20. eider92

eider92 New Member

my work today a European jay :)

Attached Files: