1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Caulking Syringe???

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Wingin It, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Wingin It

Wingin It New Member

So my fiance and I are finally learning about the wonders of caulking a bird. We haven't quite figured out the best methods yet though. I heard that Ted Weyenberg has a great syringe, but I haven't heard back from him. What else would you all recommend? Please and thank you!

2. DL

DL Well-Known Member

For the head I use a 3cc syringe with a 3 inch piece of aquarium tubing hot glued to the syringe tip. Don't force it too much or the tube will come off. I go in through the eye with it. Works great though. I've also put a larger plastic tube over a caulking tube tip. You can anchor it by running a heavy T pin through the plastic tube and caulk tube.

3. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

An oral irrigator works great. ten cc with curved tip. Apply through the eye ring.

4. Ted headed south for warmer weather. He modifies the syringes that matuska supply sells.

5. Wingin It

Wingin It New Member

Thanks guys! We will definitely check into these :)

6. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

For a syringe and to get in the wings easier I've taken a syringe and glued a piece of tubing to the end about 3's" long. I use the syringe with the curved tip to go thru the eye's on the head.