1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

envirotex vs. polytranspar artificial water

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by troy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. troy

troy Member

PA
    Is there any big differences in using one or the other to pour over some plexiglass to make some water? I have both. Also, what's the difference between envirotex and envirotex light? I am doing a piece with glass over top of a fish and I want to give it some texture, but the plexiglass was expensive ( I thought) and I don't want to ruin it. This project is plaguing me enough.

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I don't know the difference between Envirotex and Envirotex Lite. I use the Envirotex Lite as a fish gloss. Polytranspar Artificial Water is a purified fiberglass resin. Polytranspar Artificial Water will melt the paint off a fish unless is it sealed really good, so be careful with it there.

3. CURE TIME ! several hours vs several minutes.

Envirotex will work you to death trying to get ripples or distortion in the water. It takes a long time for it to start to harden. Even when it starts to gel it still will flatten itself out, By then it may very well run into places you don't want it to be, or off the piece all together. It can be done but its a lot more time consuming.

Use the water resin its a hell of lot faster.Ripples or distortion can be done simple by dragging a small artists paint brush in it while it starts to gel. or blowing air over it at a low volume .

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Any of you used this? I posted the website above. It's from a company that makes materials for landscaping model railroads.

[​IMG]

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

This was done with there products. The waterfall, Rapids and white water are made with the two products in the squeeze bottles an from their videos you just use it right from the bottle without any catalyst.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Whats the website?

7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com

Follow the menu.