1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Judges Directory

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTA, Mar 12, 2015.

1. NTA

NTA National Taxidermists Association

NTA Judges Directory
    The NTA Judges Directory contains the profiles of persons certified as competent judges which are current NTA members and have paid their LifeTime judges fee. If your name is not listed here and you wish to remain an NTA Judge and are not a Lifetime NTA member, you are requested to renew your NTA membership and submit the following information to NTA Headquarters promptly. Provide your name, annotating if you are a Life Judge by inserting LJ following your name. Include your membership number, address, city, state, zip code, business telephone and home/cell phone numbers. In addition, please include an updated resume providing the area of expertise including categories judged and seminars offered. Provide the most pertinent, highest awards and accomplishments earned and the areas you desire to judge or subjects you care to provide seminars on. Please include a current photograph for use in the Outlook Magazine.
    We are trying to put our records back together. If we missed you, have something incorrect, or any other possible mistake….PLEASE contact NTA Head Quarters @ 855-772-8543 Headquarters can assist you with other inquiries.

Judging Criteria
    1) Current membership of the National Taxidermists Association
    2) Three (3) competitions judged or assisted judges. Assisting judge’s means that you have served as an apprentice to an NTA sanctioned judge by judging with them using an NTA scoresheet. Judging “with them” can be acting as a scribe and lending your advice when needed.
    3) A judging experience may be substituted if you have won an NTA “Award of Excellence,” that award may be applied as two (2) judging experiences.
    4) Must also have won either (2) blue ribbons at a National Taxidermists Association convention or, a single blue and two(2) second place ribbons at a National Taxidermists Association convention in the “open” division or greater.
    5) Must pay a one time Life time judges fee of 50.00

The following people are Lifetime NTA Members that are also Lifetime Judges.

Kyle Patin
    Bryan Eppley
    Dan Heasley
    Danny Benson
    Larry Blomquist
    Manny Chavez
    Frazier Craig
    Nancy Crocker
    Tony Finazzo
    J.W. Fuchs
    Steve German
    Ricky Givens
    Kris Hano
    Tony Heisley
    Scott Hunble
    Joe Kaiser
    Mike Kirkhart
    Richard Krane
    John Lager
    Garland M. Lessley Sr.
    Cally Morris
    Archie Phillips
    Amy Ritchie-Carter
    Daniel Roberts
    Troy Rose
    R.J. Simington
    Danny Smith
    Velma Smith
    Frankie Thompson
    Fred Vanderburgh
    Michael Vickerson
    Mitch Webb
    Harry Whitehead
    Dave Whitney

The following people are Lifetime Judges and are Current Annual Members of the NTA.
    Jean Roll
    Matt Zimmerman
    Keith Bowman
    Kent Reedy
    Brett Defreitas
    Terry Weick
    Jack Emery
    Harvey Zeigler
    Rod Connelly
    Mike Brignac

The following people have earned the necessary credentials and are listed as Lifetime Judges. To become reinstated as NTA Lifetime Judges current membership renewal is required.

Kenneth Bauman
    Gregg Ielfield
    Don Stevens
    Jessica Stevens
    Joel Stone
    Shawn Poe
    Greg Brumfield
    Jerry Moseley
    Greg Cuvelier

Richard Christoforo
    John Griffith Jr.
    Shawn Dawson
    Dan Gill
    Bill Bowen
    Vincent Gallegos
    Gary Powell
    Tommy Hall
    Page Nethercutt
    Jody Slusher
    Cary Cochran
    Brian Samuel
    Louis Gagliano
    Fred Gonzalez
    Frank Kotula
    Willis Huston
    Danny Owens
    Terry Rheinlander
    Wesley Skidmore
    William Breen
    Danny Smith
    Randy Life
    Mike Orthober

The following people have earned the necessary credentials, have been listed as judges in the past, however, are not listed as Lifetime Judges. To be added to the Lifetime Judges list a 50.00 Lifetime Judges fee is required along with current NTA membership renewal.
    Dennis Arp
    Ron Ball
    Dan Bantley
    Randy Bateman

Bob Berry
    Jim Bondurant
    Nicky Bonura
    Bill Bowen
    Gary Bowen
    Scott Brewer
    Mike Briganti

John Kevin Brocato
    Glen Browning
    Gary Bruch
    Dale Buffenmyer
    Collin Campbell
    Rick Carter
    Craig Ciola
    Roy Cogburn

Kevin Conroy
    Joe Coombs
    Terry Covington
    Jeff Crawford
    Paul Czarnecki
    George Dante
    Rick Denzler
    Randall De sormeau
    Wayne Dixon
    Gene Dobbs
    Brian Dobson
    Brenda Duvall
    Joel Edwards
    William “Bill” Elder
    Steve Faechner
    Darin Flynn
    Ronnie Gaillard
    Paul Gallegos
    Terry Gill
    Alan Gobel
    Jody Green
    Terry Grimm
    Ben Haden
    Levoyed Heagwood
    Carmen Helmer
    Dan Helmer
    Steven Henthorn
    Don Holt
    Steven “Bruce” Hough
    Greg Ielfield
    William “Hugh” Jennings
    Daryl Johnson
    Tim Jordan
    Jim Kimball
    Jim Kindig
    Bret Kirk
    Joe Kish
    Tommy Knight
    Raymond Kowlaski
    Todd Kranau
    Chris Krueger
    Art Ledger
    David McBride
    John Matthews
    Joe Meder
    Dennis Middleton
    Jeff Mourning
    Frank Newmyer
    Mike Orillion
    Gary Pegg
    Jeff Pusateri
    Ron Reynolds
    Dan Rinehart
    Mike Rohanna
    Darrell Rollans
    Mike Ross
    Stefan Savides
    Eric Schmidt
    Clark Schreibeis
    Gary Senk
    Wendy Senk
    Barry Smith
    Dennis Smith
    Gene Smith
    Jason Snowberger
    Allen Stanton
    Matt Thompson
    Bob Ulshafer
    Jan VanHoesen
    Pat Wagner
    Tom Weickum
    James Willard
    Doyle Wilson
    Paul Witt
    Marcus Zimmerman

If you feel you have been wrongfully classified or omitted; Please contact NTA Headquarters so our records can be updated. Your participation in helping us update our records is greatly appreciated.

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Lol, I judged YOUR show last year.

3. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Yeah but you don't count ;D

4. My apologies to all of those that I have judged for the past 15 years. I hope you all got your points at the NTA sanctioned conventions I judged. The award of excellence was quite an accomplishment in it's day. I'm sure the record keeping was and is a challenge. Here's my info for the record.
    Award of Excellence Bird and Waterfowl
    North American Champion Bird (x2)
    North American Champion Waterfowl
    North American Champion Turkey
    2001 NTA Taxidermist of the Year

I have also never paid the $50.00 fee to be a NTA judge??????

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Please give us a little leeway. We are trying as a new BOD to get the house in order. Any omissions are not meant to insult anyone. Please if you are not on the list and should be feel free to PM or call NTA Headquarters. I see plenty of others that are missing.

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

For those who know me well, no worries, and for those who dont know me, an explanation...years ago when the old regime first started the judges list, you needed to list your earned credentials to be on the list...after you paid a fee to be listed. As a matter of principle...and many jokes in fun aimed toward me...I never paid the fee to be listed, yet of course have been judging for many years. So my comment last night was NOT aimed at the current board and their monumental task of righting the ship, but simply seeing the humor in a previously broken part of the past.

I look forward to seeing the NTA in its improved form, something I saw the very beginnings of while judging the show last year. Certainly the right people are being put in place to help do this. Ill even be sending in my yearly dues, so they dont send Tim Thacker after me!

7. NTA

Thank You Terry Weick and Brett Defreitas for updating your memberships. You have been added and updated to the proper list.

Folks, we are working from old lists and ask for your help in compiling a more accurate list. We understand that many have been omitted. We are working to correct this.
    Please keep in mind that what is fair for one has to remain fair for all.

The yearly fees for being an NTA recognized judge was abolished years ago. In turn, the NTA went to a one time Judge's fee of 50.00 that's good for a Lifetime. The only requirement after that is keeping current with ones membership. Some may wish to do neither. That's ok too. But the list when completed will be an accurate list of those who have earned and paid to be recognized as an Approved NTA Judge and are current members.

Once this list is updated and corrected, it can and will become a useful tool for any one who wishes to reference it.

State points were done away with years ago also, so no worries there Dale.

Additionally, a list of all past A of E winners is also being compiled and will be posted shortly. Again, we will ask for your help in making that list as complete and accurate as possible. We want to give recognition to all who have earned that title.

8. x2 Bill

Renewed today!

9. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

Thanks guys for posting this.

I remember how much of a pain in the butt it was to get Cindy to send us one each year so we could get judges lined up for Oregon.

We are working on starting an association in Alaska right now so we will need to review this list for our first upcoming show as well.

I will contact NTA HQ for judges Phone #s when we are ready.

I know the list was tough to find folks that actually wanted to judge anymore also. hopefully that will get weeded out too.

<Something like OPEN FOR ACTIVE JUDGING> just a thought.

Keep up the good work guys.

RJ Simington
    Fairbanks Alaska
    NTA Life member, Life Judge , & Award of Excellence recipient.
    907 322 0936

10. NTA

Dale Manning, your membership page has been updated on the NTA website. Go check it out and let us know what you think.

You're welcome RJ.

11. It has been a very hard two years, lots of time, money and hair involved in getting the NTA to this point.
    Please understand the NTA had nothing, not a thing when we jump started it two years ago..
    The curent board is working hard and is full of good people. trying to the job.
    No job outlines are available. So with this in mind, please be patient and help the board.

12. NTA

Dan Heasley and Bryan Eppley joined the LJ's list today.

Kyle Patin also joined the LJ list today.

13. NTA

Jack Emery has been added to the LJ list.

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

You just ain't whistling Dixie! ;D

15. I sent a PM but have not heard anything back ? Lifetime judge & AOE. My membership is not current but plan on making it soon. Thanks to the board for all the good hard work.

Gregg R. Ielfield

16. NTA

Updated Gregg

17. NTA

Harvey Zeigler and Rod Connelly, your status has been updated. Thanks for renewing your memberships.

18. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I just saw this post. I paid my lifetime judges fee of $50, to Cindy Crain years ago. I do not think in 2015, I am listed as a current member.

19. NTA

Kenneth, your status has been corrected.

20. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Thank You.