1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Recommended Garment Tanneries?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Knuxtiger4, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I've been looking around for other place but haven't had much luck so figure I would ask around here and see if I can find other tanneries I haven't discovered yet! I know Moyle Mink does garment tanning but unfortunately I don't fall under their criteria of people they can accept orders from (technically not a professional taxidermist or a licensed fur buyer, etc.). I've used Tubari in the past but after a REALLY bad mishap that happened to my skin last year with them that I rather find somewhere else that can do this.

So far only found regular tanneries that do more taxidermy tanning than garment tanning which isn't what I'm looking for.

2. You can try this place. www.fursforfun.com

3. moyle mink accepts from hunters and trappers! you do not have to be a taxidermist or fur buyer.

4. tjl1625

tjl1625 New Member

Moyle does my stuff and I only send a dozen or so
    Pieces a year never gave me a run around about it

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Just sign the back of the form from Moyle indicating that your specimens are legal and tagged, and they will process your order. Where it ask for Taxidermy Permit number, fill in with N/A. They will tan your skins!

6. I'm actually not a hunter or trapper either. If I was I would have been able to!

Kinda confused on that? I looked around on their website and can't find anything about that. According to their website that they do not take hides from people that didn't harvest them. I usually buy the hides at a fur auction and the only paper work I get with them is my receipt of purchase.

7. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

On most furbearers, there is no documentation required to send to a tannery. Bobcat and river otters require a CITES tag. What species are you sending out to tan?

8. I usually buy coyotes, foxes, minks and other furbearers that don't have tags with them. Actually called Moyle today and explained everything and got the all clear! Will be sending my batch of furs to them.

Thank you everyone!