1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Views Survey

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by jpettey1, Mar 22, 2015.

1. jpettey1

jpettey1 New Member

If everyone could take just a few minutes to take this anonymous 10-question survey on their views on taxidermy. By clicking on the link below you agree to let me use your data in my English 102 Paper at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Thank you for your time!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HLH7LSX

2. Since you have solicited us for our information how about posting your English Paper here when it is complete?
    I know that I for one would like to see how you compiled the information you obtained and see if you were objective with the material you obtained or if you have taken it and spun it in a different direction.
    My request may be futile but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained. Humor us and post it! ;D

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Actually, I don't know what to make of this "survey". Aside from the answers being a bit simplistic for a college sophomore, it strongly hints that the initiator has little if any clue about the matters supposedly being addressed. I kept thinking it was one of those "Have you stopped beating your wife" questions that presumed information not in evidence and that regardless of the answer, you couldn't deny you had been beating your wife.

4. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see how the survey is used/ represented. Not really much about Taxidermy and more about hunting/ fishing and ethics, whatever that means. I agree with you George.

5. Chupacabra84

Chupacabra84 New Member

Kiddo, I tried to take your survey, but.... Your questions are so vague you kind of come off as a troll or animal rights activist. I think you need to be more specific when you ask about "ethical issues" in hunting and taxidermy. i.e. Trophy hunting vs. hunting for food? Everyone has opinions about what is and what isn't ethical.

Good luck writing a paper with whatever info you collect.

6. jpettey1

jpettey1 New Member

Thank you to those who took the survey.
    -To those who replied, here is a little bit of closure:
    I have come to understand that some questions were not written well or asked in the best way. I was restricted to 10 questions by Survey Monkey so I was required to condense several important questions into just a few while still being able ask background questions. The project also required two interviews, which is where I asked more in-depth questions, and is why the survey questions are vague. The survey is not meant to be bias in any way. I also posted it on a PETA forum. The goal of the project was to collect the opinions and views of the two extreme positions (strongly for hunting vs strongly against).
    Fortunately, the paper is graded mostly on how you analyze the data you collected and how you evaluate yourself, not on the survey alone.
    I did however collect very useful data and responses on peoples views from those who did take it as well as more criticism.

Thank you again.

Go Vols.