1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW March 23 2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by alan webfoot, Mar 23, 2015.

1. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Greetings from the Scioto River bank south central Ohio, well spring is here and the cardinals have taken up singing every morning .Doves are finding nesting sites and turkeys will be sounding off soon .The woodducks are back in the little creek behind m house. Ever since I was very small ,birds fascinated me . Their colors, songs ,flight.I've been privelaged to be able to travel to Colorado twice and during a hunting trip ,study them there. Grey jays,magpies. I've made several trips to Scotland ,and the birdlife there is awesome. I was able to mount a pheasant for a family using ''old school'' techniques. Long orchard grasses dried and wrapped into a body ,clothes hangar wire for support. Though I don't travel with glass eyes,, I did come back some MONTHS later soak up the wattle area and place the eyes in a fresh bed of clay. Over there rooks, jackdaws, oystercatchers ,wood pigeons, peregrine falcons,and suprisingly common eiders lots of them in a cove behind a sea wall right outside Pittenweem , and even a golden eagle in Glencoe ,were some of the ones I could identify .My favorite was their blackbird. So we're off to another week of birds ,lets see some new ones even old ones thanks again for having me as a host.

2. Hi Alan
    Take this little guy from europe, as my contribution for your week
    He was a family pet, died naturali, and my 6 years old son wanted for him to be done....so here it is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Samson

Samson New Member

From me this week a older mount for a hunting school. a long eared owl.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

4. wtrfwlr

wtrfwlr New Member

Mr Webfoots birds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Just completed:

[​IMG]

6. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Hello all. Looks like BOTW is off to a great start. Lots of beautiful works being posted. So many talented taxidermists. Keep them coming. My contribution for this week is this nice pheasant. Wishing everyone a great week ahead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

florybird ,that impresses me such a tiny wee thing ,Wildthings great action on mallard ,good lookin' owl Sampson ,FFBirdman beautiful rooster thanks for a great kick off.

8. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

I haven't been doing much birds lately. ... but here is another woodduck.... still trying to dial them in[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Nice job Josh. Hope to see you at the NY Show next month.

10. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

really really like the paint job on that woodies bill

11. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Awesome work everyone.

12. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Getting a few completed finally

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Great work everyone!

14. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Brooke those 2 really are sharp!!!wildthings keeping busy aren't you!Your'e the one with the great save on the mallard ,,I think!

15. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

stunning job Brooke, really eyecatchers

16. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Wildthings...awesome ...super sharp wigeon

Brooke..whow..a couple lil stunners there...

17. Samson

Samson New Member

Wow, cool save on the duck. I would have despaired to fix this bird. I also love the wigeon! ;D
    From me just a little male sparrowhawk.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

18. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Beautiful work, Karin...

19. Samson

Samson New Member

Thank you for the kind words Nina. I'm just a little depressed that the colour of the feet always is to bright with the camera. He didn't have so bright yellow feet in real. ::)
    Greetings, Karin

20. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Might be that the wood is so dark and the flash is just blasting it.try no flash