1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

eyes are drumming/cracking

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by drwalleye, Mar 23, 2015.

1. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

I received a deer this weekend that was done by a different taxidermist and both eyes are cracking in the corner out to about the tear duct. one side I think I can fill in with epxoi sculpt and touch up with paint but the other side is drumming bad. Almost like a bubble under it. since its pushed out and like this should I just paint it up to get rid of the cracked look or can this be re hydrated and tucked back into place. I don't want to make more of a mess of this than it is and have not done anything like this accept for minor cracking. it is cracked all the way through in one spot I thought I could maybe get some epoxy in behind it but I thought better check with someone who knows the correct way.
    Thanks again for your help

2. Head Hunter

Head Hunter Member

No.1- please post a pic so that we better understand the problems. We can better determine if somehing is fixable or look at different options.No.2 -you may need to take it to a different taxidemist to see if they can salvage or fix the problems.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

sounds like no past was used at all and maybe its a dp skin not tanned......I would try to soak up around the eyes , slip some paste under and pin it up to dry...then epoxy sculpt and paint