1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Compitition

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jessiecanfield, Mar 25, 2015.

1. jessiecanfield

jessiecanfield Member

Guys guy can u give me ideas on how to hide the seams on my ear liners I got the liners with the detail already in there thanks for you time

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

What seams

3. Yes what seams are you talking about.

4. I'm assuming you mean the "seam" in the inner part of the ear because you are using the ear liners with molded inner ear detail? Correct me if I'm wrong...

5. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

epoxy clay

6. jessiecanfield

jessiecanfield Member

Yes the seam where I cut off the inner ear cartalage

7. Like JerseyJay said! Epoxy Clay or Apoxie Sculpt.

8. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Use Fixit and tint it to match your inner ear.

9. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but for competition I have and some say you should not have that seam. It is possible and not really that hard to remove all of the cartilage and lay the skin over the inner ear detail on the liner. Again I have and a lot of people go a long way to get a few extra points.
    Ralph

10. jorgy

jorgy Member

Competition

11. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Scott Brewer leaves the inner ear cartilage on the ear skin, removes the rest of the cartilage above the inner ear bumps and uses an ear liner that has no inner ear detail. This gives you all the inner ear detail, and the ability to use an ear liner because he removes all the cartilage above the "corunckles". No seams at all.

12. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Is there a large deduct if it doesn't have the inner ear detail? Thinking of doing a deer for competition, but not knowing what the major deductions would be.

13. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

I think that's the wrong way to look at it. The better question is, how can I make this deer look as close to real as possible. Skipping something just because it may only cost you x amount of points defeats the real benefit of competition...to push ourselves beyond what a customer would notice. Learn new techniques and then apply them to your competition piece. Make it as close to alive as you know how, and let the score fall where it may.

14. juli

juli Active Member

Pretty soon they will be giving animals full endoscopies and colonoscopiescolonoscopies...

15. tem

tem Well-Known Member

ya. what JULI said. and I cant even read it. or know what it means.

16. juli

juli Active Member

LMAO... my phone does some weird stuff at times... colonoscopies.

LOL!

17. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    I believe what she really is trying to say is they will soon start to use a wand with a scoped light and use it like a rotto rooter. Lol