1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy business name

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by huntingful, Mar 28, 2015.

1. huntingful

huntingful Prairie Ghost Artistry LLC

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I am just not sure on using my name. My name is Owen Kimberling so....

Owen Kimberling Taxidermy
    Owen's Taxidermy
    Kimberling Taxidermy

Not really sure on any of those.

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

no matter what name you call your business. when you get going it will seem like it was always the right one. 8)

3. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Don't know about name but how about a slogan?

You kill 'em we fill "em!
    or
    You snuff "em we stuff 'em!

Might look good on a business card or in a Yelloe Page ad. Maybe.

4. Dark Man

Dark Man Well-Known Member

Postmortem preservations

5. When picking a name can you get the web address and will you be able to incorporate?

6. I manage a hunting lease and all the kids in camp would call me uncle Butchie (my nickname is Butch).....I came to realize that these are my future costumers. So I named it after them...Uncle Butchies Taxidermy...." Your wildlife undertaker"

7. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

my wife got a bumper sticker for me a long time ago that said "I'm a taxidermist, I mount anything"

8. Papamac

Papamac New Member

I used my last name and Taxidermy. Reason is I doubt I ever sell it, since its out of my shop, and second I hope to teach one of my boys or maybe one of my grandsons to take it over someday. Our family has owned this property generation after generation since mid 1800s.

9. huntingful

Thanks for all the replies, posts and advice. I have decided on a name.

Huntingful Taxidermy

10. Why not Huntingful Wildlife Art? Instead of taxidermy. Just sounds better to me. You can add the word Taxidermy with you name and phone number on you sign and business card

11. huntingful

I like that advise. Thank you very much.

12. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Just be advised that if you use Wildlife Art you will be getting calls from folks wanting to sell or buy painting / drawing. My business name is Broken Arrow Wildlife Artistry and I get a bunch of calls. MayBe it's just me. Anyone else have this issue?

13. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

My business name is Kern (name of the county in which I live) Wildlife Taxidermy. I get calls from all sorts of people, even drunks who think taxidermy looks like taxi in the phone book late at night. I get calls from people wanting to sell mounts or mount pets. I think you'll get spam calls no matter what.

14. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

ive got calls about doing peoples taxes before

15. huntingful

Great advice and pretty funny on the experiences also. Thanks to you all. Very much appreciated.

16. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Once I had a rug cleaner who kept trying to talk me into their special. I finally got tired and asked if they could get blood out of carpet. She said they had stain remover that might do it. I said that's good because I'm a taxidermist and I get a ton of blood all over my carpet. She hung up. Of course I don't do it in the house, but it was still funny.

17. kickstart59

kickstart59 Member

GREAT!!!!