1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Football white crappie???

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Beltonbanger, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Anybody know of any white crappie blanks that are these football looking fish? Every spring I get these 16½X16, 16X15,etc. I've checked everywhere I know!

2. RTF

RTF Active Member

Just carve it out of foam. Not a biggy.

3. Let me reword this.....I need a fiberglass replica. I carve the bodies. Catch and release is getting more and more popular.

4. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I understood from what you originally wrote you were looking for a reproduction. You may have to mold your own those are some unusual measurements for sure.

5. ....that is what I was afraid of Mr. Jones. Thanks. I may mold the thing out of silicone like Kirby explained. That way I could mount the fish also. Thanks for the input!!!

6. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I would love to get one of those to mold also! Our crappie seem to run standard shape.

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Just in case you don't have a lot of experience casting fish yet, there are folks here that will cast fish for you. If I'm totally wrong on the experience comments my apologies!

8. Good point Cecil. I have molded some before, but this may be touchy. Any offers? :)