1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

gifted tanned w.t. capes, i think......

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by KEVIN T., Apr 1, 2015.

1. KEVIN T.

KEVIN T. patience...........

Hello....I had gifted to me four w.t. capes. They were from a youngun' who thought he would try tanning. He told Me he used Krowtan and followed the directions "pretty" much right..Ha Ha..He said he could not be sure if he Neutralized or not!! Would it do any harm to re-Krowtan, or take my chances and mount' em up? Is there a way I can tell if they will be alright to mount? I'm pretty new to this Myself..Thank you....

2. TomR

TomR New Member

If the hides were not neutralized, they may turn to mush on you. Have the hides dried or are they still wet/frozen? If they are still frozen, try neutralizing. If they have dried...not good news.

3. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Google Krowtann and call them they can answer all your questions . ;)

4. KEVIN T.

KEVIN T. patience...........

Thank you for the response..They are still wet and frozen. I will try to call Krowtan and hear what they have to say. Thank's again, Kevin..

5. id retan it. i bought a cape from a guy who tanned it with some chemical id never heard of (still never found what it was). the cape was barely fleshed as well. i just went a head and re tanned it. turned out great. just my two cents tho