1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For Anyone Attending the NEAT Convention in June

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by bnoody, Apr 3, 2015.

1. bnoody

bnoody Member

I would like to try something different this year for a seminar. Instead of the usual "watch me mount something", I want to use the seminar as a hands on teaching opportunity. I want to spend some time going over reference and anatomy at the beginning of the seminar, but then move onto assisting anyone in the room with challenges they may be struggling with on their fish. I will bring my painting supplies, carving supplies and other miscellaneous supplies I use on a regular basis. What I need from those attending is that you bring the subject you need help with. If it is carving a form, correcting a template, painting, fixing seams etc... we will address the challenge in the seminar. I suspect most of you run into similar obstacles so I hope this will be more beneficial for those of you in attendance. Let's make the seminar what YOU need!

In order for this to work, I need you guys to bring some projects you need help on, so give it some thought and bring some projects to the show in June.

Feel free to contact me if you have something specific in mind and you want to make sure I have the required tools and supplies with me.

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I'm partly color blind which is a big obstacle, have any special glasses for me LOL. Hope to make the show this year. Paul B.

3. Brian

Sounds like a great opportunity and something I personally look forward to. Unfortunately I'm not sure my truck is big enough to fit all the mounts I'm having issues with!

See you in June
    Jeff

4. bnoody

bnoody Member

Hey Paul, you may need to connect with Gary from the AIT show, he seems to have mastered getting through the color blind challenge, check out his gill on the fish board.

Jeff, I'm sure you have some cool projects we can work on.

Look forward to seeing you guys at the show

5. Looking forward to your seminar Brian.

6. gobbl4me

gobbl4me New Member

Great idea Brian! Look forward to seeing you guys! Bill D

7. Only 1 month away. Is everyone getting ready?

8. Anyone planning on attending please don't wait to book your room. The group rate is only good until the 15th.

9. MRTaxidermy

MRTaxidermy Past President of the N.E.A.T.

As Matt mentioned, you need to call the hotel no later than Friday, May 15th, to get the special room rate. The number to the Holiday Inn is 860-741-2211.

10. DOUG H

DOUG H Member

Got mine today.

11. Hi everyone, the online store is working great. Thank you to those who registered there. Only 3 weeks from today we will be setting up. This year for pre registrations only you can set up your pieces from 8 - 10 on Thursday night.

Also, for the first time ever we are offering 5 new awards. The New England Champion Awards for Fish, Bird, Lifesize, Gamehead and Reptile

12. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

Always a great time at the NEAT show! Maybe Rick will take me ??? ;) LOL!

KK

13. We have added another seminar to the line up. Bruce Rittel was supposed to do a Tanning seminar at the WTC this year and unfortunately he could not make it. He has agreed to do the seminar for us, he will start at 10:00 Friday morning.

14. We will be setting up one week from tomorrow. Cant believe its here already, pre registration deadline is Sunday. We have made it easier than ever to register this year, go to our website and register online.

15. bnoody

bnoody Member

Reminder for those attending the NEAT show. Bring your fish challenges to the show. We will try to address them during this seminar. I intend to bring a variety of tools and supplies, but if you pm me what your bringing, I can make sure to have the required materials. This is your chance for a mini workshop catered to your needs. Look forward to seeing everyone and some fish projects we can work on.

16. PM sent Brian. Look forward to your seminar!
    Regards
    Jeff

17. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I can't wait to see all the folks! I'll be there on Saturday and I'm bring a spacial Donation! Looking forward to seeing friends!

Rick Krane

18. PM sent Brian. Look forward to your seminar.
    Regards
    Jeff

19. DOUG H

DOUG H Member

pm sent

20. Online registration will be left open until Wednesday at regular prices. After that at the door only. Prices will be higher at the door. Www.newenglandtaxidermists.org