1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need help - lifetone/polytranspar

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by bigturk_80, Apr 7, 2015.

1. bigturk_80

bigturk_80 New Member

Hey guys,

Just about to dive into a musky, and want to know if anyone has a chart or comparison of any kind between lifetone and polytranspar colours. For instance, is there a comparable polytranspar that will work to replace liftetone chrom pearl, gold pearl, etc.....

Up here in Canada, nobody carries lifetone colours. However, I have access to polytranspar.

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Years ago I got one from Larry Goldman's supply company in Minnesota. There should be something in one of the catalogs. If you absolutely can't find one I can send you mine. I never use it as I strictly use Lifetone paint.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Grab a catalog with both listed and compare, like McKenzie's. It's that simple

4. bigturk_80

bigturk_80 New Member

I'm on Mackenzie's website, what do you mean by compare? Does the catalog show a colour chart that doesn't show on the site? I'm trying to find some colours that may be the same or similar, for instance liftetone's chrom pearl in the polytranspar line.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    yes, that's what I mean

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Color charts in magazines are notorious for showing innacurate representations of colors.

7. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

I use mainly Polytranspar but like a few lifetone colors better. You can mix with no I'll effects, at least in my experience. The chrome pearlescent you mentioned is a good example.

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    denoo7, you may be correct but comparing two similar colors from different companies will point him in the right direction.

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

True but the paint itself isn't always consistent either! I'm sure you've noticed!

At least the the color charts will give him an idea.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Very true!

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I believe lifetone has the market cornered on chrome pearlescent in lacquer only but could be wrong. At least that used to be the case.

12. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

Call McKenzie , they have a cross reference sheet they can send you for that .

13. Shadslinger

Shadslinger New Member

Wildlife Colors has a Pearl Chrome P-675..I ordered that instead of chrome pearlescent