1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bob Wilkins – Sad news

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tri-State, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Tri-State

Tri-State Member

Sadly I am reporting that Bob Wilkins passed away this morning. He was a great asset and resource to the TTAI and fundamental in making it what we all enjoy and benefit from today. Much of any success which I enjoy today I certainly attribute to many men and women who led before me. As a young man getting a start in taxidermy I like others stood on the shoulders of giants. Bob was one of those Giants. All matters of business and creativity were easily sorted over a beer with Bob, and no answer was ever a long trip around the bush. Tomorrow will be sadly different.

2. Re: Sad news

That is sad news, Bob was just as you said. What a loss.

3. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Re: Sad news

Couldn't have said better myself Ben, RIP Bob.

4. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

Shocking news. I will miss talking to him while listening to music played at our show. Prayers for Dotie and family. Sad, sad day!!

5. Instructor

Instructor Member

Bob was a Great man,may he rest in eternal peace.Our condolences to Dodie and all his Family.He will be missed dearly.

Manny and Elsa Chavez

6. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Very sad news. My condolence to the family. God speed.

Rick Krane

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Very sad news.
    Bob and Dottie were some of the first taxidermists that I ever met, way back in the day when I first joined the TTA.
    Condolences to Dottie.
    RIP Bob.

8. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

We lost 2 great ones in the past couple of weeks. We will miss Bob with all our hearts. This man always had a big smile to go along with his big heart. God speed, my friend. Tell the other Bob we all said hello. I wonder if God let's you tell great 'stories' in heaven? If so, Bob and Bob will have everyone in stitches!

9. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Bob Wilkins Funeral Services:

Saturday April 11th at Marek Burns Laywell Funeral Home in Cameron, TX.
    Visitation is at 1:00 p.m.
    Service is at 2:00 p.m.

The family would like to welcome everyone to follow them after services to the pasture at their home for a picnic. Items asked to bring: Side dishes, condiments, drinks, and chairs. Coolers with beer are encouraged to help celebrate Bob's life!

[​IMG]

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Sure lost a good one yesterday !

11. MR. Brad

MR. Brad Member

Sorry to hear of this passing, praying for the family.

12. My condolences to Dotie and all who feel the emptiness created by his passing. He will be missed by so many. May God bless his soul and watch over his loved ones and heal their hearts.

13. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

I remember Bob well. We had some long discusions about taxidermy politics. He was a great man and will be missed.

14. clewis

clewis New Member

I am very sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

15. Homs

Homs Member

My condolence to Dotie and family our prayers go out to you and yours Bob will be missed, Bob was a close friend and a huge mentor to me, anytime I had a question about Taxidermy I know Bob had the answer, what an Awsome man he was, He will be missed,,,,

16. Wayne Jones

Wayne Jones New Member

Bob was one of my best friends and he will be missed. He would give you the shirt off his back and all ways help you if needed. Such a big loss.

17. Sorry to hear. Our condolences to Bobs family.

18. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Well-Known Member

Texas
    In memory of Bob Wilkins

By chance just today I read the post of Bob's passing. How does one respond to such unexpected and painful news?
    My grief is for Dottie and their family. But I also wish to say a few words to work through my own loss.
    I have such a clear picture in my mind of that fine man's smile, his single most distinguishing feature. Emerson said "We are all discerners of spirit.", which means our subconscious mind reads a pretty accurate view of others' character from the signals they project, mostly through their face.
    As far back as I can remember to the last time I saw Bob, his bright smile always projected the same friendliness and sincerity without variation. Bob didn't just smile with his mouth and eyes. He smiled with his whole face. Never a trace of insincerity.That was the character I read in Bob from the first, a character of sincerity, friendliness, and genuine manly charm. I can see his face and form just as clearly at this moment as though he were right here before me now. How do you tell a man you loved him after he's gone from our sight? I hereby make a public declaration of it too late rather than never. I'm certain that Dottie has always known that we all loved her man every bit as much as we still love her.
    We have all been blessed to have enjoyed the society of those two remarkable people, Bob and Dottie. They have enriched our lives by service and example and we are grateful to have been a part of theirs. I believe that the next time I see Dottie I will see Bob still right beside her, tall and straight with his same loving smile radiating all around her. Thanks Bob, for everything you gave and for all that you meant to us.

19. Wonderful words, Joe, for a wonderful man!

Dana

20. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Well said Joe! I just read about this today and I'm in shock! My condolences to Dodie and the rest of her family!

Barry