1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

whitetail, all of him, the whole animal

Discussion in 'Mammal Reference Photos' started by Wayne R, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

A buddy of mine (Gary Craig) got this one on of his game cameras a while ago, and gave me permission to use it. Besides the obvious seldom seen parts of the deer, I thought the overall anatomy of the deer was interesting.

[​IMG]

2. Boxie

Boxie New Member

This shot I got out of a helicopter on a survey in Old Mexico. Notice the wire is threaded through his brows!

Boxie

3. lookn4awhitetail

lookn4awhitetail "I shoot a Mathews, cause I dont wanna Hoyt them"

Boxie, I have to ask, Did this buck complete his jump or did he Biff it...

4. i would say biff it

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Looks like barbed wire too. That's gonna leave a mark. I'd like to know if he took a fall too. I somehow don't think that strand snapped.

6. Boxie

Boxie New Member

looknforwhitetail,

Sorry it took me so long to answer but the deer did flip over and then regained his composure and ran into the brush. If one looks close at the picture you can see the barbed wire threaded through his brow points.

Boxie

7. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Here is a shot I took last weekend while guiding on a big ranch in Zavala County, Texas. Nice flehmen pose.

Boxie

8. Boxie

Boxie New Member

,,,,and here is a close up of his head. Sorry for the bad quality but he was a long way off.,,,Boxie

9. Boxie

Boxie New Member

And another shot that should compliment the first photo in this section posted by Wayne R. Enjoy!

Boxie

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Boxie, nice photos. Are you the photographer of the buck scratching pic you just posted? I would like to use it as reference for a drawing if you don't mind.

11. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Nina,

Yes, I took that picture a couple of weeks ago. You are welcome to use it. I could send you a larger file size but at the time my pc is down so I can't retrieve it. I should be back in business early next week. Just let me know if you would need a larger size.

take care,

Boxie

12. that's funny wayne, definetely the whole deer!

13. Wayne R, Here's a photo I took several years ago. Similar to yours.
    (poor quality scan from a slide)
    [​IMG]

14. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Another shot I got last week! What a nice buck!,,,Boxie

15. Boxie

Boxie New Member

This photo take last week also was pure luck. It was so foggy and humid that my big lens fogged. So not to be left out I changed to my shorter lens and quickly unscrewed and removed the lens filter which allowed me to get this shot off before it fogged up, too!.,,,,Boxie