1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Mount for Dad

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jwillard, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Ain't that the truth! Great story and awesome mounts, those are sweet and I know your dad is proud of those bucks and more so of the talent you have!

Thanks for sharing.

2. Thanks for all the kind comments. This is a very sentimental piece for me. For all the rest of you, do something special for your fathers while they're still here to appreciate it.

3. Brent W

Brent W New Member

What a great mount and tribute to the man that instilled the love of the outdoors in you. Great answer to Dad when he asked how much he owed.

4. That's a great story and beautiful mounts, thanks for sharing. Cherish the memories.

5. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

Great Jim! Cant beat the family connection and the history behind the story!Great looking mount!

6. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

My dad is in his mid 70's and last time I talked him into hunting with me for the first time in years. I got a nice buck with him right with me. It's a cherished memory. Congrats.

7. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I took my Dad hunting three days before he left us.

8. point75

point75 Member

Great job and story. Thank you very much for sharing. There's still a lot of good in this world!

9. country

country New Member

That's a beautiful mount. Thanks for sharing. That IS what it is all about. Some people get it, and others never will!

10. Chupacabra84

Chupacabra84 New Member

Awesome mounts and backstory. Very inspirational, thanks for sharing!

11. Bucksmith

Bucksmith Member

Terrific story and a beautiful mount to match!! My dad killed a 170" giant on a local farm here in Maryland which was a freak of nature...deer like that where we live is rare. The mount is terrible and i hate looking at it now that im a taxidermist....im thinking about doing the same thing as you....however his deer had the most gorgeous double throat patch you have ever seen, and without that ....it would take away from the deer unfortunately. Trying to figure out how i can create the double patch or if im luck enough to find another cape thats simmilar. anyways...great job on your piece! a true work of art!

12. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Your a good son Jim, thanks for sharing this great story.

13. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Great story Jim.

Your Dad raised a fine son.

14. Very touching story. Need to read stories like this more often as a wake up call and a motivator. You nailed it on every aspect. Outstanding work and a better story. Your dad must be very proud.

15. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

nice mount and a great story , That's what it's all about

16. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

You aced that mount!! Great job, and even better story to go with it.

17. Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who responded in such a kind way. I'm glad our story touched so many people.