1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Now THIS is a turkey gun! (Hydrographics) (PICS)

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Vicki Chritton-Myers, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Turkey feather hydrographics pattern we recently completed. For those not familiar with hydrographics (aka: water transfer printing, camo dipping), this is not a plastic wrap; rather, it is an actual paint/pigment and is just as durable as automotive paint. We use a UV-protectant top coat as well.

Attached Files:

2. Now that's sweet ! How much does that set a guy back?

3. Normally $115, plus shipping. But we offer 20% off for wholesale prices to other taxidermists, so that would be 92.00 plus shipping. Will probably be going up later this year on them some, though. A full gun, with barrel is $165; scopes another $50 (less 20% to businesses).

Turnaround a month, usually less.

For those unfamiliar with hydrographics, it is actually a pigment, not a plastic wrap. Just as durable as automotive paint.

4. chetknip

chetknip Member

That looks awesome.

5. Looks great!

6. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Very cool..

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm not much into Turkey hunting, but Vicki, that thing is gorgeous.

8. Thanks, all! Appreciate the compliments. We've been doing hydrographics for about 4 years now. While I have had all the training for it (even have a cool "Master Decorator" certificate), I mostly do any touch-ups needed. Too busy with the taxidermy to do both. =)

9. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

That's pretty sweet!

10. Vicki I just got my tank and it has an attachment for a propane gas tank...does yours have one as well? My tank is a homemade one I could not afford the $10,000 setup from TX...

I am wondering how does one regulate the gas flow/heat for the water to maintain the right temperature for the print to adhere to the subject without bubbling?

11. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Well that looks awesome looks even better completely assembled in my room.
    They belong to a near new 1950s Browning 12 gauge 20 weight 2 shot auto.
    Thanks Vicki for an awesome job.
    Thanks Earl​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Earl, that's one sweet gun! Thanks for the pics of it assembled.

Vicki =)

13. Beautiful work! sent you a PM.

14. AH7

AH7 New Member

So nice!