1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A thought for all the world show competitors

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Jerry Huffaker, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

This is awesome Jerry

3. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Amen Brother..........

4. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Truth be told brother!...;)

5. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Wow, that easily translates to competing

6. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

I don't have that much ice showing above the water!!!!

7. Harum

Harum Active Member

Nice feel good post Jerry, but the upper portion of that picture could also say defeat and the lower portion would not change.
    We all place an enormous amount of time and effort into our work as we make our way to Springfield. Sacrifices are made by all participants. I wouldn’t want to overlook the efforts of those that may not find success.
    Just another thought for those heading to the World show.
    See you there.

-Pete

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I agree Harum, you'll notice is says "success" and not "win" that's why I liked it. We can still have success without necessarily taking home the prize.

9. Harum

Harum Active Member

I see Jerry, makes sense. However , in competition there are winners and there are losers. There may be different levels of success during the process of creating a piece, but if the word "success" doesn't suggest winning then I fail to see how it would be a thought for a World class competitor. I compete to win. I have to believe that other competitors, at this level, are placing the enormous amount of effort, time and sacrifices to also win. If that is not the case then why don't we just have a big feel good gathering where we all gain success for showing up.

-Pete

10. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Define winning.

Winning at these shows for me means taking home additional knowledge from the seminars and getting different perspectives on my work.

Winning doesn't always equate to a ribbon. Would it be nice, you bet. By gaining additional knowledge each year it's just a matter of time to the ribbon the way I see it.

11. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    We are talking "world show" whoever is trying for it knows their stuff. All comes down to judges and hopefully not politics.. I've heard way too many stories. Not sure why anyone would show their piece anywhere else before worlds so the judges already knew who did it.

12. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Tx outdoors there is only one "winning" when you spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to compete when you figure what you could have done in customer work that could have been done in the same time frame.

13. There can only be one gold medal holder in the Olympics to,but that does mean you all failed.
    Good luck to you all guys ,all your work will be great.