1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gotta love rage broad heads........

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by jhunter13, May 2, 2015.

1. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Here is the entrance and exit wound from a bobcat zipped open from a treestand at 10 yards.

Looks a little worse than it is as it is streched from tanning, still, I hate small mammals shot with a 2.5" rage.
    Entrance
    [​IMG]

Exit
    [​IMG]

Gonna wait till form shows up to line everything up for sewing.

2. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Why?

3. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Randy, I can tell where everything lines up. The hide is really streched out and I just figured it would be easier to line up

4. I shot a deer with a "rage broadhead", brought it back to camp and the old man there said "Damn, what'd you do, hit that with an AXE".....

5. Just got done mounting one that had a rage go in one ear then cut a big slice across the back of the neck then out thru the other ear. Didn't kill the buck but the guy's Dad shot it the next week during the gun season. A little bit of extra sewing. ;D

Bruce

6. Coryell

Coryell Member

I'd take that over a high powered rifle any day.

7. I agree on the rifle... Most cats I get in are shot with a high powered ballistic tip and 6 to 8 inch holes like that are really tough to line back up if its even possible. Those rages are rough thou

8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

22/250 leaves a nasty exit wound.

9. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Fortunately for me, my area doesnt allow high powered rifles in the deer woods, so most foxes, bobcats, and other critters get shot with archery gear, shotguns or muzzle loaders.

10. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

I prefer the 2 blade rage on my big game... one long slice instead of a 3rd balde, cause with the 3rd blade you loose some girth , I actually shot a aoudad and the 2 blade exited out the chest in front of the opposite leg... I didn't have to cut anything away, just sewed it up like a knife slit.

11. 338 lapua leaves a nice hole too

12. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

I also have cursed the extra damage those heads cause on skins! Lots of extra sewing involved, especialy on a raking shot.