1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Final wholesale stuff

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by skullclnr, May 5, 2015.

1. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Man, it has been quite a year! We started building the new shop, had our beautiful baby boy and cleaned a few heads along the way. I am looking forward to a few weeks of cleaning only a few heads at a time before next year starts up again. Here are a few of the last push:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the new shop going up :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AH7

AH7 New Member

Wow!

3. jfake

jfake Member

Wow. nice work

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Agreed .. WOW! What type of construction is that referred to? Not a style that you see in NE for building of framing.

5. lokireptiles

lokireptiles Member

Wow,

That's quite a lot of skulls! Probably what I clean in 2 years!

6. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

We call the construction a pole barn out here. Poles are set in the ground and framed around. Much quicker and cheaper for construction.

7. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Wow! Congrats on the baby and the new shop

8. greatbasin

greatbasin Member

Hey Dog,
    Just curious, why you have so many finished skulls at once? Mine leave as soon their complete, so I never have many sitting around and done. I work in batches of 5-10 but looks like you work in batches of 50-60.

9. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

GB, I always have singles and small groups going out, this is just a order for one of my wholesale accounts. Much easier for me to get them all done at once and ship at once rather than try to track 5-10 skull shipments throughout they year, ( I do this many for them about 2-3 times a year). I clean quite a few skulls, and that seems to work out for me when it comes to shipping and managing large orders. I cant work in batches, I honestly have skulls going 24-7 365 in all stages of the process so things are always going out the door, coming in the door and somewhere in between, but most of my larger wholesale contacts get a few large batches throughout the year. Some of these skulls have been clean for a month or two waiting on the others to finish, ironically the big brown bears in the mix finished faster than some of the smallest cats and smallest bears!