1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Crazy customer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tannertroop, May 10, 2015.

1. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

Had a customers wife came by to pick up his deer when I was gone and she left without picking it up. She called me to tell me all that was wrong with her mount. One eye was closed more than the other, one ear was not right, the face looked anorexic. I told her I would look at it and see what I could do. She texted me for 2 straight days and sent me a pic of what a mount was supposed to look like. If she would have sent me a pic of some world class mount then I may understand but she sent me a pic of a joke of a deer. How do you deal with a customer like this?

Attached Files:

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Which deer was the one that you did ?

3. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

The last one, the first 2 pics are from her house.

4. arby

arby Member

Fire her and her husband. Tell them they'd be happier elsewhere. I wonder what the husband thinks.

5. jmgriggs

jmgriggs Distinguished Wildlife Creations, LLC

Dang she must be smoking some "good" stuff!! The left nostril on the top pic looks like he ran into a wall!! Lol. Fire them!!!!

6. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

He will not answer his phone and forwards my text to his wife for her to respond to me.

7. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Send her a link to this thread. Why do you think the hacks and beginners that mount deer like the one she likes stay in business? Every one of them has someone who thinks their work is the bomb, and others who think they are ok. She just doesn't know what a deer looks like. The danger of using a mount for reference! Wrong begins to look right!!

8. whitetails and fish only

whitetails and fish only Well-Known Member

It's probably a calculated move to get you to give her-them a lower price. The mount is very well done. I would tell her to go to hell!

9. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Wow, how can anyone want the first deer over the last? Does she even know what a deer looks like?

10. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

Go over some reference pictures with her.

11. Client education would be a good place to start. If that doesn't work, "Fire them" as customers. Life is too short to have to deal with un-educable clients!

12. The top deer looks terrible period!!! Have them put their money where they mouth is. Offer double or nothing and have an reputable taxidermist compare the two. If they call the top one a POS also they have to pay double for your!! Don't worry about what they think because you don't want them in your shop anyway. I'm agreeing with a previous post. Prob a way to try to screw you and to drop the price. Don't do it!! These people are constant complainers!!!

13. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

She nuckin futs

14. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

She has to be smokin a little fox tale. Nice job on yours.

15. Some customers just suck, tell her to get thicker glasses!

16. Dont change anything on their deer, they still won't b happy. Collect their money and show them the door.

17. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You can tell her anything and she won't listen to or believe you. Take Jared Greens advice and send her to this site.

18. WildlifeLady

WildlifeLady Member

Ohio
    Dang, whose deer is it? Hubby needs to grow a pair!

19. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

This is my last message that I sent to her and her husband.

Jane,
    You are right, my time is worth something. The hours away from my family working on this deer, not to mention the supplies and overhead that goes into the deer mounting process is worth something. I have thought and prayed about this situation I am at a loss to what is going on. You pick apart the mount and tell me the issues that you see and I try to be as nice as possible and take the mount and make it to your liking. I have mounted over a thousand deer for clients from all over and I have never had one tell me anything but good things about my mounts. I have had training from the best taxidermist in the world and won ribbons at the state taxidermy convention. I spend a lot of time trying to put the best detail and accuracy that I can in a mount. You send me a pic of what a mount is supposed to look like and no offense meant to whoever mounted it but the antlers are tipped to far forward, the eyes are round and bug eyed, the ears are crooked, and the nose doesn't even look painted. If you would have sent me a pic from some world class taxidermist mount, then it would make more sense. I have showed the pics of both deer to four other taxidermist and everyone of them shook their head and said there was no comparison between the two mounts. I am not the best taxidermist out there but I am well above average. I am not the cheapest but im not even close to the high end prices either. I sent pics of my work to your husband that look very much like this deer and he liked my style of mount and agreed on the price. I consulted with Joe Smith on this matter and he informed me that technically he brought me the deer and had filled out my paperwork and that he had paid for the deer anyways. If your not willing to pay for the deer mount at the agreed price then he would and Chuck could take it up with him. I think this would be the best course of action unless you tell me otherwise.

20. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

I changed the names, she hasnt responded back to me yet. My best client took her husband on the hunt and payed for his deer and then brought me all their deer after the hunt.