1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Crazy customer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tannertroop, May 10, 2015.

1. Tell her you don't use mounted deer for reference. You use live reference and show her the difference. She's trying to get something for nothing is all. Tell her if she doesn't pick up the deer in an a certain time period then the deer becomes your property and you will sell it. You can't please them all.

2. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Well if Joe Smith brought you the deer and filled out the contracts then Joe Smith pays for the mount unless otherwise noted in the contract...

Other than that, too much dickering with the texts, a registered letter with a date of forfeit should work wonders...

3. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

The husband finally contacted me and I think it is going to work out. Thisbwas his message to me.
    I am currently in Florida, when I return next Monday I will come see it. I know exactly what you meen by time is valuable. I won't waste yours or mine. I don't expect perfection, decent is good enough for me.

4. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

Please keep us updated.

5. "I don't expect perfection, decent is good enough for me" WTH???????? Hopefully you will get out of this one quickly!

6. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

That's exactly what I was thinking....

7. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

I think he was trying to please his wife and get his deer in the same message. Pretty sure he has been brow beat by his wife on more than one occasion.

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Best comment yet on this topic.

9. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Based on his letter, it might be too late.

10. AJH

AJH Member

I'd say your work and ethics are way above average!! It just sounds like the Wife doesn't want another "stuffed deer head" on the wall. Maybe the husband will call and ask how much to mount his wife. He can put her right next to the deer.

11. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Love it Nancy but your probably right.

12. Alan B

Alan B Member

Wow ...when he comes to pick up his deer do him a favor and tell him to go to his wife's
    purse pull his ::) ::) out and try them on from time to time you would be doing him a great service!

13. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

This is a simple one. They can't afford to pay you and are looking for way out.

14. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Doesnt sound like much mounting is happening in that house.

15. Yup!

16. juli

juli Active Member

Pull out actual photographs of deer and have her come to the shop to take a look at them. Explain to her that every taxidermist has their own style (right or wrong). Show her photos that depict asymmetry in living animals is the rule, rather than the exception. (ie, one eye open more than the other, etc)

I am often tempted to post photos of real animals after someone posts pictures of a poorly mounted specimen they just got from their taxidermist - and that they think is the bomb. But then I remember that my mounts are not perfect either. :)

17. DL

DL Well-Known Member

This must have been her.
    [​IMG]

18. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

If she thinks he has too many deer on the wall have her replace one of the ol round eyed ones with yours and hang the other in the garage. Dude needs to grow a sack and put the smack down on the Mrs...at least in this situation.

19. bucknduck

bucknduck Member

The bimbo is out of her damned mind!!!

20. GregJ

GregJ Active Member

So what finally happened?