1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I want to congratulate Dave Campbell and all the competitors at the 2015 Worlds

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 12, 2015.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

It is a great effort that makes a championship peace mixed in with a lot of skill and some sleepless nights. I want to throw out a congratulations to my long time friend and a inspiration to me and so many others Mr. Dave Campbell of Tacoma Washington! 20 years later he doest it again! Way to go Dave you old UFD you! I want to congratulate all the fish competitors as well for the courage to bring your best work to the highest stage and do the very best you can! It is a passion and a commitment that will take you to your goals end! You too inspire me greatly!

Rick Krane

PS I put up a a few hundred photos of the show. just go to
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry?ref=hl

2. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Congrats Dave! You are an inspiration.

3. bnoody

bnoody Member

Congrats on two more hard earned titles Dave. Both of the pieces you brought were outstanding, you really know how to set the bar high for the rest of us. A live fish would have a hard time measuring up to the work you brought to the show. As great as the pictures of your work always appear, they look even better in person. I look forward to seeing what you bring in 2017!

4. Congrats, Dave your fish were excellent thanks for the inspiration!

Casey

5. Billw

Billw Member

Loved your fish Dave. Great Job!

BillW
    Michigan

6. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

Yep,Dave is THE fish man! When people ask me who is The Best fish guy is in the World? It's always an EASY answer.. Dave Campbell ! Congrats!!

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

For those of us that do not use Facebook can anyone post a picture or provide a non-Facebook link?

Thanks!

And congrats Dave! Even though I have yet to see a photo I have no doubt it's outstanding!

8. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Congrats Dave........most of us can only dream of earning those accolades......

9. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I have painted that rainbow blank of daves numerous times. It was nice to see what it SHOULD actually look like painted! And his rockfish was out of this world!!!!! Great finally meeting someone in person that I have been "friends" with for nearly 10 years.

Brian N, I was really upset I missed your Striper seminar. I really wanted to see it, but was taping some Fish Carving seminars instead. I wish I could've made it as I heard it was really really good . Also , I was going to introduce myself, but you were always talking to someone, and I didn't want to interrupt.

It was a truly awesome show, filled with more talent than can be measured. Enjoyed my time there.

Jimmy

10. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave for sharing your talent with us, in the manner you have, via your art and your knowledge, and inspiring many of us to do our best work.
    I don't know how everyone else was judged, but I saw some impressive work in the field and hope everyone who competed is satisfied having had such an opportunity and driven to take their fish work even further.
    Best, Scott

11. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Congratulations Dave, your work has been an inspiration for me since I started doing replicas and will continue to be so, I wish I could have seen the winning piece in person
    John

12. UFD

UFD New Member

Much thanks for all the wonderful comments about the fish, guys – I’m both greatly honored and deeply humbled.

Being a bit of a commercial hack, it's already back to the game of stuffing fish, grinding fiberglass, and paying bills yet again. However, taking part in the Show was a thoroughly enjoyable and pleasant escape from my daily fish taxidermy scene: Larry and Kathy and all the folks that help them out put on unquestionably the greatest taxidermy show on earth.

Being able to see all the fish work in person on the spot rather than later in photos was one of the biggest highlights for me. It was impossible for me to view the work there and not gain great inspiration and ideas from all. I don’t fancy myself a fish judge in the slightest bit, and if I had been unfortunately tasked with the job of assessing all of the superb fish work, I would likely have ran from the convention center screaming and found solace in the darkest corner of Springfield with the largest Slurpee I could find, LOL. Lots of amazing work and a very difficult job for all the judges in all the categories, and they deserve gratitude for the obviously very difficult and often unpopular job they perform.

It was also neat to be able to talk to a lot of great fish guys in person after having only conversed on the phone or in emails and texts. All of the really good friendships in my life have seemed to come about as a result of being involved in taxidermy, and that isn’t surprising. We’ve got a great community and I’m proud to be a part of it!

13. topnotch

topnotch Member

Great post Dave,
    it was an honor to lose to one of the best of all time
    you definately deserved two best in worlds for those fish, they were fantastic.

14. dougp

dougp Active Member

Dave Campbell......truly a class individual. I hope I get the chance to meet you someday.

15. Fantastic job!!!!!!!!

16. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Congratulations Dave, your work has been an inspiration to many including myself.

Regards,
    Sam