1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

world taxidermy championships.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by joker, May 13, 2015.

1. A point is not a point! To go from an 81 to 82 don't take much, but the higher you go on the scale the harder the next point becomes. If you can't see that, you are blind. Point being, (pun intended) when two judges say a guy has a 93 or 94 and a third says 83, I would bet everything the later judge is badly mistaken. Badly ! P. S. The mail is in.

2. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Here's another twist not just in scoring.... If you are an employee of a company that awards prizes you are ineligible to win or even to participate simply because your an employee, Right. At the WTC there as a judge that entered into the competition and now the case in point WHY? If you want to be a judge then you should not be eligible to enter any piece of work and win. This is no difference than someone that is employed by the company. Judges at the WTC get paid and therefore should not be allowed to enter for obvious reasons at any show that they judge (I'm saying it can be fixed but you make your own decision).

3. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Rich,..........

Judges at the World Show can compete in the Master of Master only. They do not compete for a world title like the Master Division. All of the taxidermists in the Master Division has one vote on the Master of Masters. So how is that inappropriate?

:)

Kerby...

4. Kerby, If the masters of Masters are not competing for a title, then why was Brian Hendricks awarded a GOLD?

5. Kerby Ross

The Master of Masters is NOT decided by judges

The Master of Masters is NOT decided by judges .... it is voted on by all of the taxidermists in the Master level. They do not rely on judges scores as they aren't not judged by judges.

I do not see how it is influenced or "fixed" as Rich put it.

Kerby...

6. Kerby Ross

Well...........

MASTER OF MASTERS DIVISION
    (Single first, second, third place ribbons chosen by the Master Division competitors)
    Open to current or former World Taxidermy Championships judges, alternate judges, former winners of a Best in World title or First Place Master Division winners in any category.

The Masters Division,
    the division from which World titles are selected, is usually competed in by seasoned competitors who have earned more than one First Place at other competitions. This is a single-ribbon division where many excellent, high-scoring pieces will not place.

Kerby...

7. I don't think any part of it is fixed. Just needs to be tweaked to justify the end results.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

This whole post just make me shake my head.

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Michael we'll just have to agree to disagree. Some people just are not socially acceptable to be placed in judgement of others. This was the case here and that judge will now carry that reputation for life. When your personal beliefs are so strong as to refuse advise of your peers to prove a point, you'd damned well better be prepared to carry the reputation. Sadly, he's not alone. I personally know a few. One of them told Larry right in front of me that he objected to my moderating the "Super Seminar" because he wasn't sure I was either qualified or experienced enough.

10. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Kerby..... Where in any of my post did I use the word "fixed". If you can find that word I will apologise here (.). Comments here by me regarding the issues here are from what I have observed at the last two WTC shows and are my own personal opinion. As for judging of the Maters of Masters your right as to how their awarded but I still contend that people can be influenced no matter what the circumstances are just for the simple reason "People will be People. If I was one of those in the "Masters of Masters" I would not have to tell some one to vote for me.... simply tell them about my mount and let it go from there and through the power of "words" people can be persuaded with out telling them the words "vote for my mount or vote for this". Now I know it might not mean a thing if a judge enters into this category as he can still talk about a mount and influence others with out saying the word vote for this one .... but the idea of not allowing a judge to enter a mount is just my opinion and that is all. Larry will do what Larry wants to do no matter what is said here or even commented on and I will respect his decision if for no other reason Larry has my utmost respect. Kinda like the law we don't agree with every aspect of it but we have to live with it. As for judges I agree with George and for me because of what I personally witnessed at the show.

11. Kerby Ross

In Master of Masters ............

In Master of Masters they register and turn in their mounts along with everyone else. So no secret as to what mounts belong to who. Plus when viewing the Master of Masters mounts, everyone is talking about who brought what ..... so definitely no secret. I believe most of the taxidermist that voted on the Master of Masters did so based on what mount they liked ..... not by peer pressure from judges, and past winners etc..... And I didn't hear one Master of Masters taxidermist say "vote for my piece".

I don't think the judges should be anywhere near the registration desk. If they are entering a mount in the Master of Masters it should be done when all other contestants are done or not there. The judges were able to see some of the taxidermists carry their mounts in. One of my judges was helping at the registration desk and looked over my entry sheets along with others to ensure that the line ran smooth.

Still the best ran taxidermy show IMO.

Kerby...

12. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

[SIZE=medium]Still the best ran taxidermy show IMO. X2 Kirby. I would probably not have this much animosity if it wasn't for what I witnessed and heard while sitting in the lobby near one of the judges.[/SIZE]

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

How come everybody talks about the. 'rogue judge ' yet nobody will name him. Feel like I'm in high school! LOL

14. Kerby Ross

I am not .......

I am not sure who this "rogue" judge is that some people may be upset with. I don't even know what categories this "rogue" judge was part of. Hell, while at the show I didn't even hear anyone upset about the judging.

I did hear some taxidermists that were upset that "so-and-so" scored higher than them,. etc. Oh well.

See ya guys in 2017 ..... and as for me .... I will do better work on my pieces.

Kerby...

15. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

X2

I have been following this whole thread, eating my popcorn.

16. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

X3!!! This has been a good thread. Name the rouge judge! Go for it.

17. He is from PA. lol

18. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Is this judge at least a multiple world show winner? If so I can see how he has a leg to stand on with the low scores he gave out..

19. Michael you can FB message me and I'll be sure and let you know

20. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Michael knows. So does everyone who watched the film clip of the show. I don't consider him a "rogue". Pompass ass is closer descriptive for me.