1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Antler Repair Intruction

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by gamechanger, May 13, 2015.

1. gamechanger

gamechanger New Member

I am a taxidermist in Missouri. I would like to learn how to do antler repair work. I have multiple people inquire about it but I have never had training for it. I would like to be able to take care of my current and local customers to do this repair work. I am willing to come to you and pay for your time to teach me the CORRECT way to repair antlers as well as the finish work - the touch up to bring back the pattern after the repair.

Please pm me if there is anyone willing to do this.

Thanks!

Kim
    Game Changer Taxidermy

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Kim, you might want to go over to Facebook and look up Erich Carter. He has a tutorial on antlers there and he's one of the best. Still, you imply there's only one way (the CORRECT way) and you're completely off track. There are severa; ways to repair antlers, but all on them depend greatly on the artistic talent of the person doing it. You could be shown how to mechanically do it, but if you don't have that artistry in you, they just won't look the same. If you look up the tutorials here, you'll also see some fantastic artisans that recreate tines and beams where they simply can't be seen. Still, it's the magic in ones hands the determine the end product. Good luck.

3. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I agree with everything George said.

I don't do instructions but Here is a tutorial that I did some time back that covers several,quite different types of horn and antler repairs,start to finish.I think I did one or two others if you go through the tutorials and look for my name.
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,209428.0.html