1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat on cover

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ysb123, May 17, 2015.

1. ysb123

ysb123 Member

The bobcat on cover page of this forum, by Shane davenport, does anybody know how that's done?

2. ysb123

ysb123 Member

I do like it.. I would like to know the process of mounting one that way, I have a half mount to do, and would like to try it in that type mount.

3. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Shane is a great artist and an even better person. Glad to see his work on the home page.

4. ysb123

ysb123 Member

I agree, that cat looks great, very nice work. If anyone has any idea about this process of mounting I'd love to know..

5. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

I think it's just colored Apoxie sculpt brought up onto the form / cat and blended.

6. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

It looks just like the pedestal technique that Michael P. uses and has a DVD about. It sounds like he used bondo instead, but same concept.

7. ysb123

ysb123 Member

Thanks boarhunter67 , I'm going to look it up.. I'm seeing more and more of this type work and I like it , if a customer is willing to pay for it, looks like a good way to save a short hide.the cat on the cover looks great, good work Shane. Thanks again boar hunter.

8. shane d

shane d New Member

Michael p video is great , I haved used that technique a lot on back of deer and really like it.I did not use that technique on the bobcat. .call me and I will give you the info.thanks shane.

9. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I use the Michael P. technique on most habitats. It's fast and easy and inexpensive. I forgot to mention, great work, Shane.

10. shane d

shane d New Member

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.SHANE.

11. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Nice flow and look well done at Worlds!